Looking ahead to TC

So, the past few years I've been stuck going to the Redskins training camp for my NFL fix in the summer months since it's hosted in Richmond, Va. Seriously thinking about making a trip down for the Falcons TC this year, esp with Quinn being in year two and fully in command of what he wants to do with the team. That said, for those who have been in the past, answer up a few general questions as I know dates haven't been posted yet:

1) Is it better to make the trip at the beginning (when there are 90ish players on the field) or towards the end when the rosters are being whittled down?
2) Are there specific player interaction events that should / can be planned around?
3) How long should the trip be for? (what I mean is after going to the skins camp for two days, it's basically the same thing. Though that might be cause I'm not really interested).
4) Should I stay local to Flowery Branch or travel up from ATL? I typically stay in Buckhead and getting a rental car wouldn't be a problem.
5) If there are enough out of towners available, I'll reach out to my season ticket rep and see if we can coordinate a tour / meet&greet thru the message board (or anyone else who might be better suited to set this up. I've seen mentions on the board of years gone where this happened).
6) Any other tips / tricks / advice?

Edited by Leggggggo

42 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

So, the past few years I've been stuck going to the Redskins training camp for my NFL fix in the summer months since it's hosted in Richmond, Va. Seriously thinking about making a trip down for the Falcons TC this year, esp with Quinn being in year two and fully in command of what he wants to do with the team. That said, for those who have been in the past, answer up a few general questions as I know dates haven't been posted yet:

1) Is it better to make the trip at the beginning (when there are 90ish players on the field) or towards the end when the rosters are being whittled down?
2) Are there specific player interaction events that should / can be planned around?
3) How long should the trip be for? (what I mean is after going to the skins camp for two days, it's basically the same thing. Though that might be cause I'm not really interested).
4) Should I stay local to Flowery Branch or travel up from ATL? I typically stay in Buckhead and getting a rental car wouldn't be a problem.
5) If there are enough out of towners available, I'll reach out to my season ticket rep and see if we can coordinate a tour / meet&greet thru the message board (or anyone else who might be better suited to set this up. I've seen mentions on the board of years gone where this happened).
6) Any other tips / tricks / advice?

I went two years ago and coming again this year (I got married last year). I came from Columbia, MD, stayed for 3 days of training camp, and also caught a Braves game. 

I don't think cuts are made in the open training camp. I believe it is only open to the public for about two weeks from my recollection. I stayed in Gainsville at the Best Western Plus which was great.

I don't have any tips but get there early. I tell you what, I couldn't get enough. It was so much fun and I can't wait for this summer.

Edited by EJmusic
Grammar