Les Miles on DeBo

atljbo

The coolest thing about Jones is that he carries his pads very well. You'd never guess he was playing at 220 at LSU, he looks every bit of 235-240 out there and doesn't lose an ounce of his explosiveness or speed with pads on.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

The coolest thing about Jones is that he carries his pads very well. You'd never guess he was playing at 220 at LSU, he looks every bit of 235-240 out there and doesn't lose an ounce of his explosiveness or speed with pads on.

He might be quick but he doesn't tackle very sound at almost IMHO. His highlight video is full of ankle taps that just managed to get the ball carrier to the ground. NFL backs and bigger QBs will run right thru that. I like the pick but he needs to improve his tackling. Otherwise he'll get into position on 3rd and long with his speed to tackle the dump pass for a loss of down but probably slip off the tackle.

On the flip side Keanu is a fantastic form tackler who Apsolutely beings the pain on hits.  

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

That's the one thing I noticed as well. He doesn't look small at all. You'd never know he's only 10 pounds heavier than Neal 

5 hours ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

Speed = force. Force = turnovers. Turnovers = wins. Wins=Super Bowl. Super Bowl= Happy fans. Happy fans=sell out. Sell out=

PSL's. PSL's=expected greatness. Expected greatness=more than one SB. More than one SB=unhappy Aints. Unhappy Aints=even more happiness.

I have already officially altered their name from Aints to Taints... As It is more appropriate as to what comes out of them every time they open up! 

If the only thing you can say about a DB/LB pick is that they're fast, then there's a problem with the pick. That's like saying that your 4x4 truck is pretty and clean, but it can't haul and pull. Then that 4x4 truck is useless as a truck.

If he can't tackle, what is his speed gonna do for us? The same thing Jalen Collins speed does. Get him sat on the bench next to Jalen Collins.

8 hours ago, primetime said:

He might be quick but he doesn't tackle very sound at almost IMHO. His highlight video is full of ankle taps that just managed to get the ball carrier to the ground. NFL backs and bigger QBs will run right thru that. I like the pick but he needs to improve his tackling. Otherwise he'll get into position on 3rd and long with his speed to tackle the dump pass for a loss of down but probably slip off the tackle.

On the flip side Keanu is a fantastic form tackler who Apsolutely beings the pain on hits.  

As a tackler he's basically halfway between Ragland and Darron Lee.

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This play won't happen, or won't gain as much, with Jones on the field.

paulcomp1.0.gif

Good example.  Two LB's and our SS whiffing.  

Luckily two of those are no longer on the team and hopefully PW rides the pine this year.  

5 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

If the only thing you can say about a DB/LB pick is that they're fast, then there's a problem with the pick. That's like saying that your 4x4 truck is pretty and clean, but it can't haul and pull. Then that 4x4 truck is useless as a truck.

If he can't tackle, what is his speed gonna do for us? The same thing Jalen Collins speed does. Get him sat on the bench next to Jalen Collins.

He had 88 tackles, 12.5 for loss, 5 sacks, 2 INT's, 3 PD's, and a FF this past season.  It's not the only thing you can say about the pick.  It's just the one thing that is pretty unbelievable.  Kind of like everyone talking about Julio running a 4.3 on a broken foot.  It has the wow factor.  Julio obviously brought more to the game than just speed, even though that's all people were talking about.  

6 hours ago, chris2010 said:

I had my doubts about Deion playing MLB after news broke yesterday (never had doubts about him playing WLB), but after comparing size to Kwon Alexander I feel a lot better.  They are almost identical size.  

he is almost the same size as Bobby Wagner when he came out too