Jump to content

Best News of the Weekend


OC
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

They spoke of Reed inside not to long ago. I'm curious after the draft getting the guys we wanted if Reed will go back to rushing the passer. I know Quinn just said he can do that and he was really hurt last year.

Brooks Reed was a waste of a signing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

They spoke of Reed inside not to long ago. I'm curious after the draft getting the guys we wanted if Reed will go back to rushing the passer. I know Quinn just said he can do that and he was really hurt last year.

Is Schofield still out there? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many LBs did we keep last yr on the 53? Going off memory, I am thinking 7 but not sure if we had Wheeler and Bartu at the same time. I think we did at some point, but started the yr with 6.

Just wondering because we have 

2 rookies

4 decent vets until Spoon goes on IR and

a Worrilow and Tyler Starr and

Beasley but I will continue to count him in the DL group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maxatlanta said:

If Spoon is healthy (yes, a big IF), he is better than Worrilow, Wheeler, and probably both rookies. Where is he competing at?

I doubt this tweet(?),.

Jones is too small for the MLB spot. His speed is wasted inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rise said:

I doubt this tweet(?),.

Jones is too small for the MLB spot. His speed is wasted inside.

No he's not. He's 225-235 right now. He will add some weight and get stronger. He can use his speed inside to blitz, cover the middle and run to the sidelines. Luke K plays in the 230s. So does a lot of other players. Bobby Wagner plays around 230-240.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Still waiting for the link where they say Jones will play "mike". 

When our staff says, "inside" i think they are talking about nickel.

This does not mean mike LB is base 4-3.

With that said, mike LB usually calls plays, a rookie is not doing that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

How many LBs did we keep last yr on the 53? Going off memory, I am thinking 7 but not sure if we had Wheeler and Bartu at the same time. I think we did at some point, but started the yr with 6.

Just wondering because we have 

2 rookies

4 decent vets until Spoon goes on IR and

a Worrilow and Tyler Starr and

Beasley but I will continue to count him in the DL group.

Someone may be traded...

 

Quinn and Smith are going to move Beasley around a lot...

I expect that Upshaw will put his hand down as a DE when Beasley is a LB, and vice versa....

 

Now Falcons have a SS to help Beasley with the TE coverage when he's on the strong-side..

 

They found something in that last Panther game...He could be on either side..up or down. Especially vs. the pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...