What everyone may be missing about Campbell.

I think Campbell was drafted for the Chancellor role, and Neal a bigger version of the Earl Thomas role. Campbell is the same weight and an inch taller than Chancellor, and he's faster. Chancellor wasn't some highly touted guy out of college, he was a late round draft pick who came in to Seattle and excelled at a role in a scheme like ours. I think he may be a big key to our success, just a thought. 

What could be the case, though, is they think he has enough height/size to be a pass rusher as well as a coverage guy.

A poor man's Leonard Floyd, if you will.

Still don't know how the new regime will turn out, but one thing I like is that you feel like they'll move guys around and see what they can do.

Everyone wants us to be Seattle. The "Chancellor role," the "Wagner role," the "Bennett role," and so on...but these players are their OWN players. Quinn is building around his vision. We are not Seattle south. 

Who knows - maybe a couple years from now, when one of our coaches goes on to be a HC, people will mistakenly talk about a "Debo role" or a "Keanu role."

As far as roles go, 

Keanu is meant to be our Kam

Deion is meant to be Bobby Wagner

DeVondre is meant to be KJ Wright

Whether or not they become that is all hopes and dreams at this point, but for now that's their roles.

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Everyone wants us to be Seattle. The "Chancellor role," the "Wagner role," the "Bennett role," and so on...but these players are their OWN players. Quinn is building around his vision. We are not Seattle south. 

Who knows - maybe a couple years from now, when one of our coaches goes on to be a HC, people will mistakenly talk about a "Debo role" or a "Keanu role."

You would certainly hope so

Right now though, this simplistic explanation is just the easiest way to refer to what they're meant to do in our defense.

12 minutes ago, hjerry said:

As far as roles go, 

Keanu is meant to be our Kam

Deion is meant to be Bruce Irvin

DeVondre is meant to be Phillip Wheeler

Whether or not they become that is all hopes and dreams at this point, but for now that's their roles.

You got the players mixed up.

Plus one for creativity and using your head. Thing is I think he's a Malcolm Smith. If used (at least) in that way, he will be decent. His upside out does a lot of my thinking so his ceiling is probably higher than I can fathom. Truth is, I haven't seen this much speed and nastiness at LB for a while. It's uncommon for LBs to be as fast as the two we just goT.

If anything we may have Jones playing there at safety. I just checked and Falcan Moore is dead on. Jones ran a 4.38. He ran faster times in school. Just uncomfortable at the combine.

12 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I think Deion Jones could start day 1 over Worrilow.

I would not be surprised if Quinn has the young defenders playing earlier than most expect. Letting a young defense learn and gel together while the offense lights up opposing defenses with a balanced attack.

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think Deion Jones could start day 1 over Worrilow.

I would not be surprised if Quinn has the young defenders playing earlier than most expect. Letting a young defense learn and gel together while the offense lights up opposing defenses with a balanced attack.

I think so. I dont think Quinn is the kind of coach that's afraid to play rookies.