Not to toot my own horn - Falcon Draft Grade

In another thread i posted a C Grade for our draft. This morning I woke to up to read on USA Today that i wasnt alone.

Atlanta Falcons

Grade: C

Analysis: You can see the influence of Dan Quinn in his second draft as the head coach, especially with the first two picks: big-hitting S Keanu Neal from Florida and LSU’s Deion Jones, a speedy, undersized LB who can be used in a variety of ways. Though the Falcons drafted a Stanford TE Austin Hooper in the third round, they did little else to upgrade the offense.

There's a multitude of different draft grades out there. For example, NFL.com has us at an A-. You're happy that you happened to find one opinion out of the many out there that happened to agree with you?

Edited by Arkridge

4 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

There's a multitude of different draft grades out there. For example, NFL.com has us at an A-. You're happy that you happened to find one opinion out of the many out there that happened to agree with you?

He's happy that he found another news outlet giving us a negative grade.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

He's happy that he found another news outlet giving us a negative grade.

I don't understand it, it's like some here are more eager to say "I told you so" than to be hopeful about the guys we acquired going forward. Strange.

Edited by Arkridge

Just now, likeriver said:

How much more upgrading does our offense need? Unless you can draft OC's, there's not much else we can do.

Shhhhh.... no need to bring common sense into it.

I mean we only already have the best  wr in the nfl, one of the best pairs of tackles in the  nfl, we signed a guy who is in the conversation  of being  the best center in the nfl,  a pair of backs that  combined had  2000 yards of total offense and 16  combined between them.

30 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

In another thread i posted a C Grade for our draft. This morning I woke to up to read on USA Today that i wasnt alone.

Atlanta Falcons

Analysis: You can see the influence of Dan Quinn in his second draft as the head coach, especially with the first two picks: big-hitting S Keanu Neal from Florida and LSU’s Deion Jones, a speedy, undersized LB who can be used in a variety of ways. Though the Falcons drafted a Stanford TE Austin Hooper in the third round, they did little else to upgrade the offense.

How do I subscribe to your newsletter? 

Just now, capologist said:

I laugh at draft grades before the prospects have even had a chance to take the field much less develop.  About as useless as tits on a bull...

Incomplete is how you rate drafts...at the moment.

It wasn't a stellar draft with injury issues with some prospects.

At least we addressed our positional needs, scheme fits...that's the positive.

37 minutes ago, likeriver said:

How much more upgrading does our offense need? Unless you can draft OC's, there's not much else we can do.

The author probably doesn't even know that they signed Mack in FA.  I would have preferred to pick an OG in the 4th but otherwise every pick at least seems to "fit."  

48 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Atlanta Falcons

Yay!!!! 

Congraulations your an IDIOT! Lol

Edited by Falcon918

Fact is: while some of us are not impressed by this draft, others were.

There is only one correct and absolute answer to all of this.

After 5 years, how many of these draft picks will playing in the NFL ?

Regardless of which team they are playning on.

who gives a sheet about a 'grade' from people who dont understand football? Watching it and us fans can only privy us to so much information or knowledge. 

Now if this was from actual NFL personal or someone who understands schemes and fits, that would be different. But I feel every pic was for a need for us and thats all I care about. 

1 hour ago, capologist said:

I laugh at draft grades before the prospects have even had a chance to take the field much less develop.  About as useless as tits on a bull...

This a thousand times. Makes no sense to judge these things the day after. Every team picked the best players they thought were available for their team and not one of them gives a flying rats hind end what these grades are. 

33 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Incomplete is how you rate drafts...at the moment.

It wasn't a stellar draft with injury issues with some prospects.

At least we addressed our positional needs, scheme fits...that's the positive.

Agreed. The only thing you can immediately grade is did we address the holes and get talent that is needed. We hit every hole minus maybe another DE/DT. I am happy with the players we got. Were there others out there I prefered more, yes, but I have a feeling this will be a good haul in the next few years. Still some free agents out there to grab as well.

36 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

The author probably doesn't even know that they signed Mack in FA.  I would have preferred to pick an OG in the 4th but otherwise every pick at least seems to "fit."  

i think that was meant as coordinator to the one you quoted.