NFC South

falcons_logo.jpg

Atlanta Falcons 
Draft picks: Keanu Neal (No. 17 overall), Deion Jones (No. 52 overall), Austin Hooper No. 81 overall), De'Vondre Campbell (No. 115), Wes Schweitzer (No. 195), Devin Fuller (No. 238) 
Day 1 grade: A 
Day 2 grade: A 
Day 3 grade: C+ 
Overall grade: A- 
The skinny: Keanu Neal is scheduled to be a strong safety for the Falcons, flying all over the field and aiding in coverage. That's exactly what they needed. The team found great values in the speedy Jones and athletic tight end Hooper, meeting two big needs. 

Whether Campbell plays a pass rush or Sam linebacker role, he'll be effective for the Falcons. Schweitzer and Fuller provide depth at key positions. It was expected that the Falcons would pick additional defensive ends, but that didn't come to pass.

panthers_logo.jpg

Carolina Panthers 
Draft picks: Vernon Butler (No. 30 overall), James Bradberry (No. 62 overall), Daryl Worley (No. 77 overall), Zack Sanchez (No. 141), Beau Sandland (No. 252) 
Day 1 grade: C 
Day 2 grade: C- 
Day 3 grade: C 
Overall grade: C- 
The skinny: I like the potential of Butler, but depth at defensive tackle in this year's draft and the team's existing talent at the position makes me wonder if picking offensive tackle Germain Ifedi or pass rusher Kevin Dodd wouldn't have been a better move. 

The Panthers picked up two defensive backs in the second and third rounds, both with good traits. Some other need areas were left alone, however, like the offensive line. And trading a couple of Day 3 picks was a handsome price to pay to get Worley. 

Sanchez isn't very thick, but he is competitive and able to make turnovers. But while they took a third defensive back, and found an intriguing tight end in Sandland, they didn't address the offensive line or running back spots.

saints_logo.jpg

New Orleans Saints 
Draft picks: Sheldon Rankins (No. 12 overall), Michael Thomas (No. 47 overall), Vonn Bell(No. 61 overall), David Onyemata (No. 120), Daniel Lasco (No. 237) 
Day 1 grade: B 
Day 2 grade: A 
Day 3 grade: C- 
Overall grade: B+ 
The skinny: Everyone knew the Saints needed a dynamic interior force that they haven't had since Sedrick Ellis. Rankins should fill that role well. He'll have to prove he can handle his run-stopping duties, however, to be worth this pick. 

I love, love, love the Saints picking two Buckeyes in the second round. I'm not a big fan of giving up a fourth-round pick in this draft, but Bell was a darn good player at pick No. 61. Thomas will be aMarques Colston-type producer in New Orleans. 

Onyemata was a worthwhile project player like fellow defensive tackle Akiem Hicks, but they probably took him a round early. If Lasco can stay on the field, he can use his speed and agility to make plays.

0ap2000000347849.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
Draft picks: Vernon Hargreaves (No. 11 overall), Noah Spence (No. 39 overall), Roberto Aguayo (No. 59 overall), Ryan Smith (No. 108), Caleb Benenoch (No. 148), Devante Bond(No. 183), Dan Vitale (No. 197) 
Day 1 grade: A 
Day 2 grade: C 
Day 3 grade: B+ 
Overall grade: B 
The skinny: The Bucs picked up a fourth-round pick, which in this draft is a potential starter. And they got the playmaker they wanted at No. 9 in Hargreaves! You knew the Bucs would pick a pass rusher in this draft, even after signing Robert Ayers. Spence is a good fit for their defense, and fell in the right spot in the draft given his off-field issues. Picking a kicker in the second round will always be questioned, especially when you give up an early fourth-round pick in a deep draft to do so. But he's a darn good kicker -- a position becoming more important with the recent rule changes. 

Obviously the team understood the issues they faced in the secondary, getting a well-respected cover guy in Smith. Benenoch would have been picked in the third round in a draft with less depth. He'll be a starter at guard or tackle very soon. Northwestern "Superback" Vitale can fit multiple roles for the Bucs

Panthers Mistakes::

Not only drafted a DT which they already have two all pro level DT's, but they received like half a dozen calls for teams wanting to trade up to their spot in the first round and they stayed there. 

And as far as Sanchez goes. Someone made a 9min video of all his bad plays in college. Its pretty messed up to do that, but i still lol'd

Tampa Mistakes:

Not only did they draft a freaking kicker in the 2nd round, but they traded up a 4th. Just lol

Saints Mistakes:

Trading a freaking a 3rd and 4th round pick for safety Von Bell when they already have Jairus Byrd and Kenny Vacarro. That made zero sense to me. I wouldn't have even drafted Bell if i had two starting Safeties much less traded two mid round picks in a deep draft. 

23 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Panthers Mistakes::

Not only drafted a DT which they already have two all pro level DT's, but they received like half a dozen calls for teams wanting to trade up to their spot in the first round and they stayed there. 

And as far as Sanchez goes. Someone made a 9min video of all his bad plays in college. Its pretty messed up to do that, but i still lol'd

Tampa Mistakes:

Not only did they draft a freaking kicker in the 2nd round, but they traded up a 4th. Just lol

Saints Mistakes:

Trading a freaking a 3rd and 4th round pick for safety Von Bell when they already have Jairus Byrd and Kenny Vacarro. That made zero sense to me. I wouldn't have even drafted Bell if i had two starting Safeties much less traded two mid round picks in a deep draft. 

Watching a few of these plays I felt like I was watching Thomas Decoud...

17 minutes ago, xFlawlessxFalconx said:

Watching a few of these plays I felt like I was watching Thomas Decoud...

Yeah. In all honesty though, he isn't a bad as he looks in that video. He is in good coverage a lot of the time. If he would just be more physical then he'd be ok. And in that system he could be fine. Its sad, but hilarious that someone would make a 9 min video of his lowlights tho.

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Saints Mistakes:

Trading a freaking a 3rd and 4th round pick for safety Von Bell when they already have Jairus  Byrd $10,900,000 and Kenny Vacarro. That made zero sense to me. I wouldn't have even drafted Bell if i had two starting Safeties much less traded two mid round picks in a deep draft.

Would not be surprised if they cut Byrd, $10,900,000 cap this year but tons of dead money........... LOL Aints...........

Carolina not addressing their OL after the way it got man handled in the superbowl is a head scratcher for me. Also not adding depth to the rbs, wr, or TE position is puzzling. 

I don't fault the Saints for taking a safety Byrd has been a FA bust with health issues and Vaccaro has been wildly inconsistent.

The Bucs....well they are the Bucs although I do feel like they got a steal with Spence