Who Was Your Favorite Pick And Why?

I was a big fan of Deion Jones throughout the draft process and usually am all about that D :troll: but i'm going to have to go with TE Austin Hooper this year.

There is a lot to like about him, but my favorite thing is how fluid he is when he runs. I think he has great feet and is always on his toes. He runs good routes and has huge hands. Makes contested catches. His blocking has received some negative attention, but in all the games i've seen, his blocking has been a complete non issue at all. And he is very well spokenand articulate in his interviews. This guy was talked about as the best TE in the draft once the season was over. 

Yours?

Keanu Neal. While he'll need work covering man to man, his zone coverage is very good. Nice closing speed (speed in general) and instincts. The missed tackles might scare some people but he's actually a really great tackler when he wraps up instead of trying to knock the dust off of players. He's a fun guy to watch play and I wish I could find some All-22 instead of cut ups.

I'm pretty excited to see what Neal and Jones has got --- but, the addition of Austin Hooper let's me know we were looking for a (young) Tony G. type guy, and we got it!  He's about the same size, but faster.  Huge hands, and a possession type receiver.  Exactly what MR2 needs --- providing, Kyle "Sham"ahan will draw up some plays for him!!!  

Edited by FalconJim
33 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

In hindsight, Keanu Neal. When we initially made the pick it didn't make sense to me but now that the dust has settled and we have all our guys it's much clearer the direction we're looking to go.

Same here. Now that I know more about him and what role he plays he was a no brainer

Not trying to be that guy, but all of them. Love how the FO has a plan,  Neal &Jones to take away easy pass over the middle, Hooper to give Ryan that easy pass over the middle, another fast LB, an Olineman who can move, a return man.

I can look at e v ery pick and see the reasoning behind it, hasn't always been the case. Think TD and DQ may be a really good team.

Deion Jones. He was my favorite guy for us in the draft outside of Myles Jack. You teach this kid how to tackle and we have a serious star on this defense. I believe he was just doing what he was coached to do at LSU by always going for the legs though. Lots of guys end up being better pros than college players. But I like them all

Hard to say man.

I'll say that I think Neal, Jones, and Hooper all have valuable attributes that improve our team at those respective positions. I think that those 3 guys are going to be solid building blocks going forward so any of those 3 is my 'favorite pick.'

De'Vondre Campbell is the biggest X-factor IMO. If the dude actually does become a quality starter at either WLB or MLB then we would have addressed a big position of need at an important role of our defense with a quality starter in the 4th round. Is he just special teams quality? Is he going to be another forgettable mid round nobody? Is he going to be a solid defensive backup? Is he going to be a quality starter? He's the biggest X-factor IMO and who he becomes could either really launch us forward or not do anything at all. 

Wes Schweitzer is a 'value' pick. Not much to lose with a 6th rounder. This guy fits the athletic ZBS guard that Shanahan likes. We could use another guard too. Based, alone, on 3 minutes and 51 seconds of his tape against Auburn; what more could you ask for from a 6th rounder? 

Devin Fuller, 7th round pick, adds competition for a punt/kickoff return role. Could make either, or both, Hester and Weems expendable. I'm not excited nor bummed by this pick. Not bad to have youth at at the return man job. Maybe he adds another body to play the slot role with Hardy and Nick Williams? 

Solid draft, nothing flashy, but necessary. Campbell and Schweitzer have a chance to elevate the value of this draft class based on how those two develop.