The Official Draft UGA Keith Marshall Thread

iDash

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I think so if he learns how to "shrink" when running and  learns better  ball control skills.

Well that's kinda apart of being coached. Every single player in the nfl has had a flaw that needed work. Even seasoned vets like Julio still have flaws. He will be OK 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well that's kinda apart of being coached. Every single player in the nfl has had a flaw that needed work. Even seasoned vets like Julio still have flaws. He will be OK 

Very  true.

It is just a matter of how well  a player takes to that coaching.

We need to do a better job of coaching ball control because we had an obscene amount of fumbles last year.... just about everyone , Matt, Coleman, Freeman, even julio coughed another one up.

i love keith marshall.. i think he has a chance to be a heck of a back at the next level (if he stays healthy), but let him go some place else where he has an oline to run behind that isn't our oline.  don't wish him to be in atlanta or cleveland.  if we get a back as others have said it will be a bigger back, but i would rather not take any rb.  still waiting for this current leadership to figure out you build inside out and upgrade the lines.  we will never win a super bowl til we do that. 

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Very  true.

It is just a matter of how well  a player takes to that coaching.

We need to do a better job of coaching ball control because we had an obscene amount of fumbles last year.... just about everyone , Matt, Coleman, Freeman, even julio coughed another one up.

He only had 3 fumbles. They came at crucial moments but regardless it was only 3. I've seen worse performances from some of the best in the league right now so I'm not gonna show any sign of concern unless he fumbles 25+ times on the goal line over the next 2 seasons. People told me to give Alford a chance to show improvement, Coleman deserves that same respect imo

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He only had 3 fumbles. They came at crucial moments but regardless it was only 3. I've seen worse performances from some of the best in the league right now so I'm not gonna show any sign of concern unless he fumbles 25+ times on the goal line over the next 2 seasons. People told me to give Alford a chance to show improvement, Coleman deserves that same respect imo

Well he only had 87 carries...... If he only had 3 fumbles in 200 carries it would be one thing but 3 in 87 is a lot.

But like I said it was not just him, Freeman fumbled  that many times on the goal line alone. Matt did a piss poor job of ball handling  as well. so it is not just Him.

When I look at Coleman I see  A LOT of Tiki Barber in him.... who also had serious fumble issues early on  but then changed the way he held the ball and  became one of the most sure handed guys out there.

Coleman  has a chance to be REALLY good.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Well he only had 87 carries...... If he only had 3 fumbles in 200 carries it would be one thing but 3 in 87 is a lot.

But like I said it was not just him, Freeman fumbled  that many times on the goal line alone. Matt did a piss poor job of ball handling  as well. so it is not just Him.

When I look at Coleman I see  A LOT of Tiki Barber in him.... who also had serious fumble issues early on  but then changed the way he held the ball and  became one of the most sure handed guys out there.

Coleman  has a chance to be REALLY good.

3 fumbles out of 87 carries is nothing. Had it been 10 I'd be right there with you. End of the day, yea he has the chance to be special. 4.5 average is what I care most about 

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

3 fumbles out of 87 carries is nothing. Had it been 10 I'd be right there with you. End of the day, yea he has the chance to be special. 4.5 average is what I care most about 

Out of curiosity, if Freeman fumbled 10 times last year would that be a concern to you?

22 minutes ago, wleggett said:

Out of curiosity, if Freeman fumbled 10 times last year would that be a concern to you?

Nope. The best running back in the league has had fumble problems his entire career outside of 1 or 2 seasons. Had a **** load last year. No reason to show concern over fumbles when the qb throws stupid interceptions and the WR make costly drops year in and year out

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nope. The best running back in the league has had fumble problems his entire career outside of 1 or 2 seasons. Had a **** load last year. No reason to show concern over fumbles when the qb throws stupid interceptions and the WR make costly drops year in and year out

I miss Yoshi :(