A hidden value in having so many former GMs

gazoo

We have a deep roster of former GMs who collectively have a phenomenal amount of knowledge in player aquistion. This allows us to assign many of these guys to go out and closely look at the hundreds of  players for potential gems in the late rounds and who were not drafted. This increases the possibility to find another Ricardo Allen or Ryan Shraeder.

I am interested to see not only who we draft in 6th and 7th, but also who we target after draft and have a feeling we could find a legitimate player or two, at minimum role players who can plug a specific need in certain packages.

That Trade TD made to pick up a 6th round pick was brilliant. We really needed on developmental OG and we got the 6th round pick basically for free.

Sorry Gazoo,

Both Pioli and Dimitroff has proven beyond the shadow of any doubt, that both were only as good as Bill Belichicks player evaluations.

Pioli landed in KC and soon flopped, and same with Dimitroff.

Both have also demonstrated the lack of personnel management abilities.

I wish that this were not the case.

14 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Sorry Gazoo,

Both Pioli and Dimitroff has proven beyond the shadow of any doubt, that both were only as good as Bill Belichicks player evaluations.

The main point of this post has nothing to do with TD and Pioli, I was specifically talking about all the former GMs we brought in this offseason and how they can help with the later rounds and Undrafted players..

31 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We have a deep roster of former GMs who collectively have a phenomenal amount of knowledge in player aquistion. This allows us to assign many of these guys to go out and look for potential gems from players in the late rounds and who were not drafted. I am interested to see not only who we draft in 6th and 7th, but also who we target after draft and have a feeling we could find a legitimate player or two, at minimum role players who can plug a specific need in certain packages.

That Trade TD made to pick up a 6th round pick was brilliant.

The reality is we have 13 GMs because the one that's been here 9 yrs can't do his d@mn job

26 minutes ago, QuantumZebra said:

I was thinking about this, too.

I think Quinn and TD are going to go for their guys in the draft and then have their scouts snag the picks of the litter once UDFA opens. 

I think you may be on to something there brother Zebe!

34 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We have a deep roster of former GMs who collectively have a phenomenal amount of knowledge in player aquistion. This allows us to assign many of these guys to go out and look for potential gems from players in the late rounds and who were not drafted. I am interested to see not only who we draft in 6th and 7th, but also who we target after draft and have a feeling we could find a legitimate player or two, at minimum role players who can plug a specific need in certain packages.

That Trade TD made to pick up a 6th round pick was brilliant.

I have been laying off TD of late - this is more about you.

Calling a trade to move back two picks and get a late 6th rounder - please explain how this is brilliant?  This is just a very basic/simple move that is done 40 times a draft by the other NFL GMs.   The fact that you think this is brilliant is - straight weird.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I have been laying off TD of late - this is more about you.

Calling a trade to move back two picks and get a late 6th rounder - please explain how this is brilliant?  This is just a very basic/simple move that is done 40 times a draft by the other NFL GMs.   The fact that you think this is brilliant is - straight weird.

This, coming from a poster who has @&$ed incessantly for years about TD trading away picks and how it hurts us, now attacking posters who point out he just did the opposite. 

I doubt anyone takes you serious anymore on anything related to TD 

12 minutes ago, falconcrest58 said:

The reality is we have 13 GMs because the one that's been here 9 yrs can't do his d@mn job

That's the whole point.

It's clear from a mile away that Quinn controlled this draft with approval/input from TD.

Gazoo's whole point is that our stable of former GMs are the guys who are scouting UDFAs and gems right now - which is absolutely great.

UDFAs are heavily overlooked in the NFL draft process. I enjoy checking out UDFAs more than our main picks - how do you think top teams build?

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

nobody takes you worshiping on your knees in front of TDs zipper seriously

Seriously, we could have picked up a starting guard in the 4th...instead we draft a project player with "poor football instincts"....is anybody surprised? 

30 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Sorry Gazoo,

Absolutely. After all, who has Dimitroff drafted other than Ryan, Jones, Trufant, Mathews, Alford, Moore, Freeman, Beasley, Jarret and Allen? Abject failure, I tell ya. 

1 minute ago, Falcon Ben said:

Absolutely. After all, who has Dimitroff drafted other than Ryan, Jones, Trufant, Mathews, Alford, Moore, Freeman, Beasley, Jarret and Allen? Abject failure, I tell ya. 

Do you have any idea what the original post is about?

4 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

Ryan and Matthews were no option selections, TD gets no credit or blame for them, they had to be drafted. Jones, from an equity to value standpoint was a disaster still rippling through this team. Trufant was a good get...the rest are marginal players at best.

15 minutes ago, QuantumZebra said:

That's the whole point.

It's clear from a mile away that Quinn controlled this draft with approval/input from TD.

Gazoo's whole point is that our stable of former GMs are the guys who are scouting UDFAs and gems right now - which is absolutely great.

UDFAs are heavily overlooked in the NFL draft process. I enjoy checking out UDFAs more than our main picks - how do you think top teams build?

For a team doing such a good job on finding scheme specific players, these former GMs digging around all this really later round and UDFA talent increase the potential for us to find a diamond in the rough, guys like Kevin Shaefer or Ricardo Allen.

8 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

Do you realize half of your list is average NFL talent? Ryan was mandated by the owner and 2 of his other amazing selections were top 6 picks....******* amzing stuff there. Surprised you didn't put Featherspoon on the list too you nut hugger.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

We have a deep roster of former GMs who collectively have a phenomenal amount of knowledge in player aquistion. This allows us to assign many of these guys to go out and look for potential gems from players in the late rounds and who were not drafted. This increases the possibility to find another Ricardo Allen or Kevin Sheafer. 

I am interested to see not only who we draft in 6th and 7th, but also who we target after draft and have a feeling we could find a legitimate player or two, at minimum role players who can plug a specific need in certain packages.

That Trade TD made to pick up a 6th round pick was brilliant. We really needed that and we good it basically for free.

LMFAO....

your brilliant GM just took the only unranked Offensive Lineman drafted so far ahead of offensive linemen rated to go in rounds 3-4.

Brilliant!

Awesome post, gazoo!!!

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

LMFAO....

your brilliant GM just took the only unranked Offensive Lineman drafted so far ahead of offensive linemen rated to go in rounds 3-4.

Brilliant!

Awesome post, gazoo!!!

I think every player except the TE was drafted at least a round early...talk about tee-teeing away equity! Vegas sees what I see from Quinn and co. And that is about 7 wins.

29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LMFAO....

Brilliant!

Awesome post, gazoo!!!

You mean like Kevin Sheafer was?  I suppose in your twisted mind you'd rather have burned a first round pick on starting RT Kevin Sheafer than pick him up for free.

only a TD hater like you would complain like a little baby about getting essentially a free 6th round draft pick after bit$hing incessantly about TD trading picks away and how it's ruining our team..