Westerman and Dahl gone.....dammit!

g-dawg

I guess we are riding w/ Mike Person and Chris Chester at RG......uggh!

this is making me not like the DeVondre Campbell pick - I thought Westerman or Dahl could compete for starting spot - Campbell is a good athlete but raw and bad instincts.  He is a special teams guy - makes me think of the old TD - "draft for special teams" picks late.

We really needed Dahl or Westerman.

I bet they draft Mike Matthews..

I think it might be the kid from UCLA they worked him out over the pre-draft period.I to wanted to add some depth.They must be pretty confident with the Mack/Levitre/Chester interior.

Mind you they still have 2picks UDFA's and cuts and what not to find a G if it really comes down to it.  

Christian Westerman - G - Bengals

Bengals selected Arizona State OG Christian Westerman with the No. 161 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Westerman (6'3/298) made 25 starts on the Sun Devils' line, earning second-team All-Pac 12 as a senior. He showed his strength in Indy with 34 bench-press reps, but tested poorly athletically. Westerman atones for his slim build with long arms (33 1/2") for an interior lineman, as well as gargantuan hands (11 7/8"). Best suited to zone block, Westerman showed signs of pro readiness in pass protection at ASU and just enough punch to believe he could hold his own immediately as a run blocker. His best NFL position will be center.

9 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Christian Westerman - G - Bengals

Bengals selected Arizona State OG Christian Westerman with the No. 161 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Westerman (6'3/298) made 25 starts on the Sun Devils' line, earning second-team All-Pac 12 as a senior. He showed his strength in Indy with 34 bench-press reps, but tested poorly athletically. Westerman atones for his slim build with long arms (33 1/2") for an interior lineman, as well as gargantuan hands (11 7/8"). Best suited to zone block, Westerman showed signs of pro readiness in pass protection at ASU and just enough punch to believe he could hold his own immediately as a run blocker. His best NFL position will be center.

A strong presence who fits our system perfectly and could fill in at centre instead of Stone or Person if god forbid Mack ever goes down?

Nah, who needs him right? <_<

Edited by FalconTough

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I guess we are riding w/ Mike Person and Chris Chester at RG......uggh!

this is making me not like the DeVondre Campbell pick - I thought Westerman or Dahl could compete for starting spot - Campbell is a good athlete but raw and bad instincts.  He is a special teams guy - makes me think of the old TD - "draft for special teams" picks late.

We really needed Dahl or Westerman.

I bet they draft Mike Matthews..

1.0.png