Hooper & Gronk comparison

I'm really excited for Hooper...I dont want to put him in the same category, but watching Hooper catch the ball in traffic reminds me of TG and especially Gronk...

Look at the athleticism comparison:

Hooper 6'4" 254lbs....33.75" arms and 10.63" hands

4.72 (40), 4.32 (ss), 7.00 (3c), 33 (VJ), 9'9" (BJ).............last 2 seasons: 74 rec. 937 yards, 8 TDs

Gronkowski 6'6" 259lbs.....34.25" arms and 10.75" hands

4.61 (40), 4.47 (ss), 7.18 (3c), 35 (VJ), 9'11" (BJ)............last 2 seasons: 75 rec. 1197 yards, 16 TDs

Hooper is a little slower in his straight line speed, but quicker, which I think leads to better cuts/breaks in routes and his jump ball skills..I know Gronk had more TDs in college, but if you know anything Stanford's system, they featured McCaffrey this past year and are a smash mouth team in tje red zone...I think Hooper has a lot of potential in the red zone...

It would not surprise me if Hooper ended up being the best pick fro this draft class...Folks need to get excited, especially if they havent heard of Hooper before...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

Folks...read my post and the dictionary...

I said Hooper's catching ability in traffic reminds me of Gronk and TG88....

I then proceed to COMPARE the two individuals coming out of college (not 2016 Gronk)....

For your literary reference, the act of comparing is to look at things to see if they are similar or different...

10 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I'm really excited for Hooper...I dont want to put him in the same category, but watching Hooper catch the ball in traffic reminds me of TG and especially Gronk...

Look at the athleticism comparison:

Hooper 6'4" 254lbs....33.75" arms and 10.63" hands

4.72 (40), 4.32 (ss), 7.00 (3c), 33 (VJ), 11'7" (BJ).............last 2 seasons: 74 rec. 937 yards, 8 TDs

Gronkowski 6'6" 259lbs.....34.25" arms and 10.75" hands

4.61 (40), 4.47 (ss), 7.18 (3c), 35 (VJ), 9'11" (BJ)............last 2 seasons: 75 rec. 1197 yards, 16 TDs

Hooper is a little slower in his straight line speed, but quicker, which I think leads to better cuts/breaks in routes and his jump ball skills (power in lower body) seems better...I know Gronk had more TDs in college, but if you know anything Stanford's system, they featured McCaffrey this past year and are a smash mouth team in tje red zone...I think Hooper has a lot of potential in the red zone...

It would not surprise me if Hooper ended up being the best pick fro this draft class...Folks need to get excited, especially if they havent heard of Hooper before...

I don't see it, he'll have to show me.

3 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

The only thing they have similar is their skin color . they are not even close body wise or strength wise. What makes gronk so good is he knows how to use his big body to make plays.  Hooper is half the size of him.  A fair comparison could be hooper and tamme

Did I say anything about "similarities"? Work on your vocabulary....

Also, half the size? Work on your math...coming out of college they have a 5 pound difference...

I kept this response as 3rd grade as possible for your negative as F#%$ dunce...

8 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Folks...read my post and the dictionary...

I said Hooper's catching ability in traffic reminds me of Gronk and TG88....

I then proceed to COMPARE the two individuals coming out of college (not 2016 Gronk)....

For your literary reference, the act of comparing is to look at things to see if they are similar or different...

Why in the world would you compare one player to another that have no similar physical traits?  Thats like comaring Deion jones to Vontaze burfict. Devonta Freeman to Derrick Henry. 

Owen Daniels, jacob tamme , Coby fleener are guys you can compare Hooper too.

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Guys...its a comparison to the two individuals coming out of college...is that hard to see?

I'm not comparing him to 2016 Gronk that has 6 NFL seasons under his belt...

I thought this was great info to share...and folks on these boards just cant take information...

Using any type of comparison to a great player doesn't go over well here.  Regardless of if you make it clear that you're only making little specific comparisons that are legit or not.  The problem is that people take those comparisons and run with them. 

Just now, R_The_Great said:

Why in the world would you compare one player to another that have no similar physical traits?  Thats like comaring Deion jones to Vontaze burfict. Devonta Freeman to Derrick Henry. 

Owen Daniels, jacob tamme , Coby fleener are guys you can compare Hooper too.

Do you understand what COMPARE means? IT is the act of looking for BOTH similarities and differences...hit the try again button...

I stand by my thoughts in regards to being excited about our new TE prospect...I only wanted to show objective information for the sake of comparing two TEs coming out of college...one that right now, shows promise to a lot of individuals and another that has proven himself in the NFL...

1 minute ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Using any type of comparison to a great player doesn't go over well here.  Regardless of if you make it clear that you're only making little specific comparisons that are legit or not.  The problem is that people take those comparisons and run with them. 

Yep...finding that out...

Its not a test of homogeneity...just a comparison...

12 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Bad comparison.  The guy in the NFL had more yards and twice as many TD receptions against NFL defenses compared to the guy in college playing against college level talent.

The stat comparison are both players last two years in college...why would I compare NFL stats to college stats???

19 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Guys...its a comparison to the two individuals coming out of college...is that hard to see?

I'm not comparing him to 2016 Gronk that has 6 NFL seasons under his belt...

I thought this was great info to share...and folks on these boards just cant take information...

Every year we go through this utter nonsense with some posters. They become emotional if you compare the skill set of a veteran NFL player to a player we draft. It's completely emotional and irrational to claim you can't compare specific parts of players skill sets simply because one is just entering the NFL and one has been playing innthe NFL.

In fact, head coaches, GMs, pundits and other veteran NFL players compare skill sets of draftees to veteran NFL players all the time. For example, Babineax compared Beasleys skill set to John Abrahams last year.