I Love Keanu's Game BUT

Xfactor

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you looking at the force of his tackles or the mechanics of his tackles??

Because he has perfect mechanics. Plenty folks lay the wood, as long as your mechanics are sound it's not that big of a deal.

Having a little fun concerning his play style in the No Contact League

He has one similarity to Willy Mo:  He tries to come and hit like a freight train. Great when he connects and rattles some teeth, but when he misses, the play continues.   Hopefully along with his power smashing they will work with him on fundamental wrapping up.  JMO

Edited by rightsaidfred

2 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I'll take a flag all day for a hard hit. That sets the tone of the game. Just like when Dunta Robinson baptized Djax a few years back. Absolutely love that stuff. 

100% agree Ronnie Lott would have to sign over his weekly check to pay the fines if he played today.

Big LEGAL hits are great. Big illegal hits are game killers. Nothing sets the tone like thinking your off the field on 3rd and 10 only to have the drive extended by a stupid hit on a defenseless receiver after the ball is gone.

We could have won games last season except for critical drive extending and drive ending 3rd down penalties on both sides of the ball.

I agree totally with the sentiment. That said, hard legal hits set the tone. Hard illegal hits set you back. So bring the wood, but keep your head back, drive through the strike zone, and avoid the glamor hit on defenseless receivers.

11 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Big LEGAL hits are great. Big illegal hits are game killers. Nothing sets the tone like thinking your off the field on 3rd and 10 only to have the drive extended by a stupid hit on a defenseless receiver after the ball is gone.

We could have won games last season except for critical drive extending and drive ending 3rd down penalties on both sides of the ball.

I agree totally with the sentiment. That said, hard legal hits set the tone. Hard illegal hits set you back. So bring the wood, but keep your head back, drive through the strike zone, and avoid the glamor hit on defenseless receivers.

Agree with all the above, especially "avoiding the glamor hit on defenseless receivers" at the end. The Falcons seemed to be overly prone to making stupid mistakes last year and stupid penalties were a big part of the problem. With the attempt to become more physical ~ which I'm totally in favor of ~ this D has to become more focused and a lot more disciplined than it was in Quinn's first year.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think you missed it bro

So we're NOT referencing his talking style and is possibility of it drawing penalties in the NFL? Cause that seems to me to be the insinuation. 

Again,  Neal has very technically sound tackling. Yes he hits hard, but not illegally. Could he get the occasional penalty from over zealous referees? Perhaps. But that should be much more the exception than the rule. 

Please review his tapes and show me were he leads with his head. Cause from what I've seen, he almost never does..

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you looking at the force of his tackles or the mechanics of his tackles??

Because he has perfect mechanics. Plenty folks lay the wood, as long as your mechanics are sound it's not that big of a deal.

When I watched his tape, I saw his head up and arms open. Great form -- lays the wood cleanly.  

9 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

So we're NOT referencing his talking style and is possibility of it drawing penalties in the NFL? Cause that seems to me to be the insinuation. 

Again,  Neal has very technically sound tackling. Yes he hits hard, but not illegally. Could he get the occasional penalty from over zealous referees? Perhaps. But that should be much more the exception than the rule. 

Please review his tapes and show me were he leads with his head. Cause from what I've seen, he almost never does..

Save all that for someone else. He's joking around. That's all that matters