Jump to content

I Love Keanu's Game BUT


Xfactor
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you looking at the force of his tackles or the mechanics of his tackles??

Because he has perfect mechanics. Plenty folks lay the wood, as long as your mechanics are sound it's not that big of a deal.

Having a little fun concerning his play style in the No Contact League

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has one similarity to Willy Mo:  He tries to come and hit like a freight train. Great when he connects and rattles some teeth, but when he misses, the play continues.   Hopefully along with his power smashing they will work with him on fundamental wrapping up.  JMO

Edited by rightsaidfred
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I'll take a flag all day for a hard hit. That sets the tone of the game. Just like when Dunta Robinson baptized Djax a few years back. Absolutely love that stuff. 

100% agree Ronnie Lott would have to sign over his weekly check to pay the fines if he played today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big LEGAL hits are great. Big illegal hits are game killers. Nothing sets the tone like thinking your off the field on 3rd and 10 only to have the drive extended by a stupid hit on a defenseless receiver after the ball is gone.

We could have won games last season except for critical drive extending and drive ending 3rd down penalties on both sides of the ball.

I agree totally with the sentiment. That said, hard legal hits set the tone. Hard illegal hits set you back. So bring the wood, but keep your head back, drive through the strike zone, and avoid the glamor hit on defenseless receivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Big LEGAL hits are great. Big illegal hits are game killers. Nothing sets the tone like thinking your off the field on 3rd and 10 only to have the drive extended by a stupid hit on a defenseless receiver after the ball is gone.

We could have won games last season except for critical drive extending and drive ending 3rd down penalties on both sides of the ball.

I agree totally with the sentiment. That said, hard legal hits set the tone. Hard illegal hits set you back. So bring the wood, but keep your head back, drive through the strike zone, and avoid the glamor hit on defenseless receivers.

Agree with all the above, especially "avoiding the glamor hit on defenseless receivers" at the end. The Falcons seemed to be overly prone to making stupid mistakes last year and stupid penalties were a big part of the problem. With the attempt to become more physical ~ which I'm totally in favor of ~ this D has to become more focused and a lot more disciplined than it was in Quinn's first year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think you missed it bro

So we're NOT referencing his talking style and is possibility of it drawing penalties in the NFL? Cause that seems to me to be the insinuation. 

Again,  Neal has very technically sound tackling. Yes he hits hard, but not illegally. Could he get the occasional penalty from over zealous referees? Perhaps. But that should be much more the exception than the rule. 

Please review his tapes and show me were he leads with his head. Cause from what I've seen, he almost never does..

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Are you looking at the force of his tackles or the mechanics of his tackles??

Because he has perfect mechanics. Plenty folks lay the wood, as long as your mechanics are sound it's not that big of a deal.

When I watched his tape, I saw his head up and arms open. Great form -- lays the wood cleanly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

So we're NOT referencing his talking style and is possibility of it drawing penalties in the NFL? Cause that seems to me to be the insinuation. 

Again,  Neal has very technically sound tackling. Yes he hits hard, but not illegally. Could he get the occasional penalty from over zealous referees? Perhaps. But that should be much more the exception than the rule. 

Please review his tapes and show me were he leads with his head. Cause from what I've seen, he almost never does..

Save all that for someone else. He's joking around. That's all that matters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...