Poll: Who do the Falcons pick in Round 4?

Who do the Falcons pick in Round 4?   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Falcons pick in Round 4?

• Charles Tapper, DE
    • Josh Perry, ILB
    • Blake Martinez, ILB
    • De’Vondre Campbell, LB
    • KJ Dillon FS/NB
    • DJ White CB/NB
    • Joe Dahl, OG
    • Connor McGovern, OG
    • Chris Westerman, OG
    • Caleb Benenoch OG/OT
    • Jack Allen, OG/OC
    • Andrew Billings DT
    • Sheldon Day DT
    • Other (please specify)

Well Rounds 1 through 3 are in the books. The Falcons have gotten their enforcer SS, a speedy OLB, and a pass-catching TE thus far. I still see needs for a CB/NB/FS, Pass Rusher,  Inside LB, and Offensive Lineman as possibilities for Round 4. As I did in earlier draft polls, I'm using CBSsports for my primary source as to a player's projected round. Since Atlanta has no 5th round pick, I'm combining Round 4 and Round 5 player projections  in this particular poll.

I personally voted for LB Josh Perry. I can't believe he is still on the board. Although he played outside LB at Ohio State, he'll probably go inside in the pros. Perry is a very good tackler,  big and fast,  and also good in coverage. I certainly think that Worrilow can easily be upgraded, and Josh Perry will do just that. However, the Offensive Linemen still available are very tempting.

4 minutes ago, theProf said:

I personally voted for LB Josh Perry. I can't believe he is still on the board. Although he played outside LB at Ohio State, he'll probably go inside in the pros. Perry is a very good tackler,  big and fast,  and also good in coverage. I certainly think that Worrilow can easily be upgraded, and Josh Perry will do just that. However, the Offensive Linemen still available are very tempting.

I feel like this coaching staff likes worrilow otherwise why would they put a second round tender on the guy. I don't think we'll see him being replaced anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, ssippifalcon said:

I feel like this coaching staff likes worrilow otherwise why would they put a second round tender on the guy. I don't think we'll see him being replaced anytime soon.

I think it was extremely smart of the Falcons to put a second-round tender on Worrilow. That way if any team had tried to sign Worrilow, and they may have since he is young and a 3-year starter, then Atlanta would have at least gotten a second round draft pick. However, the Falcons can easily cut Worrilow after the draft, if they see fit. His tender offer of $2.553,000 has NO guaranteed amount nor any signing bonus. Thus, there would be No dead money to contend with on this contract. So the second-round tender on Worrilow does not lock Atlanta into even keeping him whatsoever. If Atlanta does keep Worrilow, then he is still good back-up depth (hopefully he will not start any longer) and should be good on special teams.

18 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Any of those players listed would be a good pick.  You could even add S/LB J. Brown to the list

There are some good OGs left on the board

Although Jatavis Brown is projected to be a Round 4 pick, I did not include him in the poll, because he is too similar to Round 2 pick, Deion Jones. I also didn't include some of the Strong Safeties projected in round 4, because they are too similar to Keanu Neal.

2 minutes ago, theProf said:

Although Jatavis Brown is projected to be a Round 4 pick, I did not include him in the poll, because he is too similar to Round 2 pick, Deion Jones. I also didn't include some of the Strong Safeties projected in round 4, because they are too similar to Keanu Neal.

I hear you, I doubt they go that route again but he is a talent.  I mean OG makes the most sense but there i still a lot of defensive talent on the board.  

50 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I voted Westerman. A couple of others who may be on our radars are Travis Feeney or Dadi Nicholas. 

I know that the Falcons work-out Dadi Nicholas, but i did not include him in this Round 4 poll because Cbssports has him as a 6-7 round projection. I like Feeney too, but did not include him either, because Cbssports has him as a  5-6 round projection. I know that player projections don't mean that much, and that cbssports is not the only site making player projections. However, I decided to use the player projections form  cbssports to maintain some type of objectivity, and to keep the number of players in the poll at a more manageable level.

Atlanta has been closely following a script of selecting those players who they have personally worked-out. All three of Atlanta's selections thus far have been players that they have previously  worked-out. Of the specific players that I have included in this Round 4 poll, we know that the Falcons have had personal work-outs with Josh Perry, Blake Martinez, De'Vondre Campbell, KJ Dillon, Joe Dahl, Caleb Benenoch, and Jack Allen.

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

If the goal is to meet AB's expectation of 3 starters out of this draft, rd 4 will need to be an OL who ends up starting at OG for the Falcons.

Not crapping on the picks, but I have doubts about either Jones or Hooper starting game 1.

Well, there is a work around there. They could start on Special Teams.

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

If the goal is to meet AB's expectation of 3 starters out of this draft, rd 4 will need to be an OL who ends up starting at OG for the Falcons.

Not crapping on the picks, but I have doubts about either Jones or Hooper starting game 1.

I bet that Jones will be the starting nickle LB on passing downs, and possibly the starting WLB even in base formations. The only other WLB that Atlanta has on the roster is Spoon, and I wonder if Atlanta might not try him at MLB. Hooper should be the #2 TE and should get plenty of playing time too.