Blank gets his 3 starters, with picks to spare!

18 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Maybe a temp starter at corner

Or maybe a full time starter. Let's just keep it 100. Collins isn't that good and the suspension is a setback for him. Then you have to take into account that Alford very well could be spending his final season in Atlanta unless he takes #2 money. I don't see another corner on the roster right now that makes me say "we're set at corner, there's no need to add anyone else" 

I'm not the Debbie Downer type, but I'm not sure they have. 

If I was forced to wager $$$ on it, I'd say they haven't accomplished it yet. 

Yes, Neal will be the day 1 starter at SS. But I bet Tamme is the season starter at TE, and Jones doesn't crack the starting lineup at LB for game 1. Of course, the Falcons may do the shenanigans they did last season with Beasley and have Jones be on the field for the 1st defensive play regardless of whether he is really supposed to be part of the lineup or start the offense in a 2-TE set just so Hooper is out there. 

But in terms of legit starters, my guess is neither Hooper nor Jones are every down components of the best 11 on D or O, respectively.

In both cases, I don't think "day 1 starter" is what they offer, although both offer talent that can be useful down the road. The easiest way to grab another legit starter would be to pick one of the top remaining G prospects.

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

I'm not the Debbie Downer type, but I'm not sure they have. 

If I was forced to wager $$$ on it, I'd say they haven't accomplished it yet. 

Yes, Neal will be the day 1 starter at SS. But I bet Tamme is the season starter at TE, and Jones doesn't crack the starting lineup at LB for game 1. Of course, the Falcons may do the shenanigans they did last season with Beasley and have Jones be on the field for the 1st defensive play regardless of whether he is really supposed to be part of the lineup or start the offense in a 2-TE set just so Hooper is out there. 

But in terms of legit starters, my guess is neither Hooper nor Jones are every down components of the best 11 on D or O, respectively.

In both cases, I don't think "day 1 starter" is what they offer, although both offer talent that can be useful down the road. The easiest way to grab another legit starter would be to pick one of the top remaining G prospects.

It doesnt matter if Jones starts the first snap of the game or not. He will be in all of the nickel and dime packages which is over 60 percent of the snaps...so if doesnt play the first snap in base, he will still play starter minutes. Quinn did say he was a three down LB in his press conference though.

After sitting back and learning as much as I can about our choices thus far, I am cautiously optimistic about our draft. These guys may or may not be starters, but I think they each have the potential to male significant contributions to the team this year. Time will tell, but for now, welcome to the Atlanta Falcons, Keanu, Deion, and Austin!  

52 minutes ago, I love Julio said:

After sitting back and learning as much as I can about our choices thus far, I am cautiously optimistic about our draft. These guys may or may not be starters, but I think they each have the potential to male significant contributions to the team this year. Time will tell, but for now, welcome to the Atlanta Falcons, Keanu, Deion, and Austin!  

Yep while I am digging the positivity and enthusiasm, after all thats cool in April and May, lets see what happens in the heat of summer. Just last year Falcons had a highly regarded rookie proclaim himself a starter, but injury and Freeman's stepping up big time helped to a question mark unit into a strength. Let's hope rookies not only fall into best case scenarios but also push their veteran competition for better depth if nothing else.