Impressive Play By Jones

FalconTough

So, doing my research on Jones now. I saw him in so many mocks before the draft that I didn't bother too much to look into him, as we don't usually take the "not-so-obvious" pick, but here we are.

From watching the following game against Florida, I was impressed with his speed and his instincts for the most part. Seems to shy away from contact a little too much for my liking, but I guess that's why he's not a first rounder.

With that said, the play at 4:25 in this clip has been feeling pretty good about this pick.

Gators down by 7, 3:31 to go in the game, 4th and 10 (plays we usually give up) - but Jones comes up huge and stops a pass across the middle. Watch for yourself (4:25):

That play showed me that at the very least, he can help out our pass defense, and he's capable of making big plays for his team.

--

Anyway, just wanted to share that clip with you fine folks.

Side note: Pretty big part of me is upset that Jonathan Bullard isn't a Falcon. He looks like a disruptive player, and Keanu even tweeted today that he believes he is a future pro-bowler - bias I know - but I think Neal could very well be right about that.

Edited by FalconTough

I don't care what anyone says. I am beyond stoked about both of our first two picks. Watching a bit of film myself tonight. 

Keanu is a friggin' machine out there delivering one bone-crushing hit after another. His ball skills look legit too. And here's the kicker -- he has his head up, arms spread in **** near every one. These are clean hits. 

Dieon, on the other hand skates around the field like a gazelle. It's silly how fast he is. He isn't the biggest guy in the world to play the WILL spot for us, but I think he's going to be a huge upgrade. 

The 6-yard dump off is a thing of the past. I will take that and that alone from the entire draft. Our pass rush will be more than adequate. 

10 hours ago, Falcon Ben said:

I don't care what anyone says. I am beyond stoked about both of our first two picks. Watching a bit of film myself tonight. 

Keanu is a friggin' machine out there delivering one bone-crushing hit after another. His ball skills look legit too. And here's the kicker -- he has his head up, arms spread in **** near every one. These are clean hits. 

Dieon, on the other hand skates around the field like a gazelle. It's silly how fast he is. He isn't the biggest guy in the world to play the WILL spot for us, but I think he's going to be a huge upgrade. 

The 6-yard dump off is a thing of the past. I will take that and that alone from the entire draft. Our pass rush will be more than adequate. 

Man I hope you're right.  In 2012, we would have won it all if we were able to cover the TE.  

Edited by Road Warrior

58 minutes ago, HEIST said:

This kind of ability is why we took Jones.

Wow kinda reminds me of that play where Myles Jack had an interception in the middle of the field against Kansas State in a bowl game.

NO I AM NOT COMPARING JACK TO JONES lol. I'm just saying that this play and that play remind me of each other because of how fast, fluid, and smooth both of those guys were in coverage in the middle of the field.