This DEFINITELY isnt a draft being run by Dimitroff.

Spts1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I agree. Quinn's vision is The Process 2.0. Instead of getting pressure up the middle, pressure will come from coverage. He and Smitty have one thing in common, and that neither has fixed the pass rush yet.

I think Jones could be an Irvin type that can get to the QB so they have addressed the pass rush, just not in the way you were thinking it should be done.

It does seem as though TD gets what he wants in the 1st usually then turns it over to the head coach or coaches after that. Doesn't seem like anything has changed. Except this year Dan got what he wanted from the jump. 

Good draft at this point I think. But **** at some point... before I die. We have to get a pass rush. Hopefully Beasley gets more time to get to the QB with better guys behind him and a year of experience under his belt. 

3 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

The anti-TD crowd has been right these last 3 years. The more TD got players that replaced those from the previous administration, the team got worse. If TD was as good as you think he is, why does he basically have two assistant GMs and Blank reduced his power?

no they haven't because their analysis and criticisms of TD are laughably shallow and wide of the mark. TD has flaws and has made mistakes, but not the mistakes and flaws that get talked about here.

FWIW this look exactly like a TD draft to me for good and bad, albeit a much more scheme focused draft that we had during the last 2 seasons when he was working with Smith.

5 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Starting strong safety with the potential to be another Kam Chancellor.

A fast outside linebacker who instantly makes the defense a whole lot faster.

Possibly the best tight end in the draft, in the 3rd round.

No. Dimitroff paws is NOT on this. The Falcons have demolished this draft so far. Im loving it.................

It funny while I was watching, I was thinking that this doesn't feel like a TD draft. I believe Quinn is getting guys he knows he can make great. I was not excited for this draft but I am feeling good about it now.

Those picks have Quinn all over them, which in my opinion its not a good thing. He´s reaching for need. When you draft purely based on your needs bust happens. Neither Neal nor Jones (specially Jones) belong to the pick where they were chosen. Deion Jones is a machine of missed tackles and lacks phisicallity, 1 year starter. Cravens would´ve been better, and also Whitehair was available, who is 1 of the best G in the draft.

Just like when he fell in love with Collins in the 2nd last year, and that experiment is not looking good thus far

What really cracks me up is the extreme reactions on both ends. "Best draft ever!" to "They didn't take my favorite player! This sucks! Fire TD right now!" R.E.L.A.X. folks. None of these guys have played one down of big-boy football yet. I think it appears to be a solid draft so far. Not flashy, but addressing specific needs. I'm ready to watch how they work out in DQ's system, look like definite upgrades in places where we needed it. Good luck, new Falcons, I'm optimistic!

If you think TD don't have control of our draft, your clueless ..... TD is OZ when it comes to our picks, And thankful for that.. He's 10 times better than anybody the Falcons have EVER had, and for that reason your going to see a top team emerge from his control.. The key to it all is Ryan staying healthy .. if he does , we will be a top 4 team this year. And the biggest reason , you can thank TD. 

I dont think anyone can question that TD is drafting the players Quinn wants. At the end of the day, thats what you would hope would happen.

TD has made the decision to let his coach pick the players he needs for his system. Drafting players is still TDs OAR, but hes put trust in Quinn.

TD could still get canned for these drafts since its still hos responsibilty,  but we can in no way, put all blame on TD for any of the 2015 & 2016 drafts.

8 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I've said this 10 million times. A gm is an extension of the HC. He's gonna get what the coach wants for his system. Quinn is getting HIS type of guys. Smith got HIS type of guys. They just sucked. We'll see. They still have to suit up. 

Exactly what I was thinking... which is why sending Smith packing was the right move and basically putting Dimitroff on notice that he's next if something doesn't change.  

Based on the players drafted and where they've been taken, it looks like they are getting guys they really like. If you trust the coach/gm and like the system they are trying to run then you should be comfortable with the fact that they are getting who they want and hope they'll put them in the best place to succeed. Whether they end up looking like Seattle with Carroll or Philly with Kelly remains to be seen.

8 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I agree. Quinn's vision is The Process 2.0. Instead of getting pressure up the middle, pressure will come from coverage. He and Smitty have one thing in common, and that neither has fixed the pass rush yet.

It takes a village. You've admitted that pressure can and does in fact need to come from coverage as well. We could have thrown yet another DE at the problem, but we chose to fill in a hole at safety/linebacker that can help create pressure for the entire defence.