Dr. James Andrews: Jack WONT need surgery

HaRdH3ad

31 teams might regret this BS. 

UPDATE: Shefter got on ESPN NFL Insiders & said clear as day "Dr.James Andrews told Jack that earlier today." So I don't want to hear anybody else say that this is old. James Andrews told Jack this Earlier today! 

Edited by HaRdH3ad

Hmm wonder what this means. Doesn't mean the cartilage will stop separating from the bone.. So he will eventually be bone on bone. But not sure what the plan would be in hopes of regenerating the cartilage in his knee besides micro fracture. Perhaps the initial diagnosis of his knee was too severe? Unlikely 32 team doctor staffs were wrong

2 minutes ago, WORilla said:

I call this BS. 

Everyone in the league has Andrews phone number. We want to believe NO ONE called him before the draft to get his opinion on Jack? 

Nahhhhh. 

HIPAA laws would have prevented Andrews from discussing Jack with anyone else unless Jack had allowed it.  Sure seems like Jack has been trying to "hide" the extent of his knee problems (just like virtually every other player hides injuries), and now that he was passed in the first round he's doing damage control by letting Dr Andrews discuss his case in public.

1 minute ago, brewman said:

HIPAA laws would have prevented Andrews from discussing Jack with anyone else unless Jack had allowed it.  Sure seems like Jack has been trying to "hide" the extent of his knee problems (just like virtually every other player hides injuries), and now that he was passed in the first round he's doing damage control by letting Dr Andrews discuss his case in public.

Ahh that's interesting. 

But if Andrews had good news, why hide it? 

Why didn't this come out before yesterday? This is sketchy at best. My guess his agent doesn't want the free-fall to continue. If this was true and Dr. James Andrews was as respected as he claims then every team would have this knowledge.

3 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Ahh that's interesting. 

But if Andrews had good news, why hide it? 

When did word get out that Jack had micro-fracture surgery?  I think it has been pretty recent, and Jack probably hoped to hide the extent of the injury/surgery until the draft was over.

32 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

31 teams might regret this BS. 

Is this taken out of context...Meaning he doesn't need micro fracture surgery now? Maybe Jack doesn't need surgery now, but does in the near future. 

Here's the thing...Millions of dollars will be invested into a guy like Jack to play for a team, and I'm thinking that these people who are in charge of scouting are making sure they are getting a healthy player before spending huge money. Some teams are willing to gamble like Houston did with Clowney, but most aren't, and I don't blame them. There's got to be something about his injury that says this guy is not going to play long.

29 minutes ago, WORilla said:

I call this BS. 

Everyone in the league has Andrews phone number. We want to believe NO ONE called him before the draft to get his opinion on Jack? 

Nahhhhh. 

If it's one person I wouldn't call BS in would be Schefter 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

No one will regret not using their first round pick on a player who decided to open his mouth and say he might need surgery. 

Hmm that's what's messed up. We knock a player for being honest, but the ones that lie get drafted? Smh...

Just now, Califalcon88 said:

Every team already knew this. Dr Andrews is talking about RIGHT NOW. The issue is if he will need it at ANY POINT, and that is where the uncertainty comes from. 

If Dr. Andrews is just talking about right now I don't know why Schefter would act like it's an update and post this. I think everyone, including all the teams, know he doesn't need micro fracture surgery right now. Maybe Schefter's just tweeting it because it's about the best player available and the top orthopedic surgeon commenting on him