My take so far after round one

Straight up I was disappointed the moment I heard. I've been saying it has to be a pass rusher. Well it wasn't and once I came to my senses I'm ok with it. Does it sting that the Falcons used the 17th pick on a 2nd round grade safety? Yes. But does the draft always go the way I want it to? No. There's always surprises and the expert mock drafts are always way off. In a perfect world the Falcons trade back and still get Neal. The Raiders going safety stopped any chance of that happening. Like TD or not everyone can admit he tends to get the players he wants, or who the head coach wants. Before the draft I saw an article stating Quinn wanted Neal. Turns out that was right. I have a problem with that kind of info being leaked but it didn't bite them in the butt this time since they got their guy. Hopefully they keep more secrecy from now on. I heard the Steelers wanted Neal so the Falcons got their man where they had to. It's a starter on defense and it's still one of the more important positions to have. There appears to still be value at pass rush/linebacker while the safety spot was thin from the beginning. When a position in the draft is thin it tends to move the players up because nobody wants to be the team left out in the cold. I understand why the front office selected Neal and I support the decision and will cheer for him to succeed. Certainly the Falcons will address pass rusher and LB sooner rather than later now rise up Falcons fans!!!

12 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Straight up I was disappointed the moment I heard. I've been saying it has to be a pass rusher. Well it wasn't and once I came to my senses I'm ok with it.

Does it sting that the Falcons used the 17th pick on a 2nd round grade safety? Yes. But does the draft always go the way I want it to? No. There's always

surprises and the expert mock drafts are always way off. In a perfect world the Falcons trade back and still get Neal. The Raiders going safety stopped any

chance of that happening. Like TD or not everyone can admit he tends to get the players he wants, or who the head coach wants. Before the draft I saw an

article stating Quinn wanted Neal. Turns out that was right. I have a problem with that kind of info being leaked but it didn't bite them in the butt this time

since they got their guy. Hopefully they keep more secrecy from now on. I heard the Steelers wanted Neal so the Falcons got their man where they had to.

It's a starter on defense and it's still one of the more important positions to have. There appears to still be value at pass rush/linebacker while the safety

spot was thin from the beginning. When a position in the draft is thin it tends to move the players up because nobody wants to be the team left out in the

cold. I understand why the front office selected Neal and I support the decision and will cheer for him to succeed. Certainly the Falcons will address pass rusher and LB sooner rather than later now rise up Falcons fans!!!

I like the pick even more with added defensive help if we get it. A must pick with great potential Frenzy!

My eyes was hurtin a lil trying to read...Trying to help out the other older fans for ya lol. Ya gotta cheer for him and stand behind him as fans.

2 minutes ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

I like the pick even more with added defensive help if we get it. A must pick with great potential Frenzy!

My eyes was hurtin a lil trying to read...Trying to help out the other older fans for ya lol. Ya gotta cheer for him and stand behind him as fans.

Ty and as fans everyone should be on board. It takes a minute to digest but Neal makes a lot of sense. Its possible the Falcons can still get two more day one starters as well.

Neal will help stop third down conversions according to Quinn.  That's a pretty big improvement if he does help do that, regardless of "mid first" or "early fifth" round projections.  If another team was ready to draft him (Steelers) then he was worth the pick  and the "mock values" were wrong.