Not really concerned with what the complainers are saying.

I don't love the pick but welcome him to ATL.  I accept the pick mostly because he is 100% a Quinn guy.  Reading his scouting report and Kam Chancellor's, you see the same traits.  Neal could use a tad more size though (he'll need it if he wants to continue to be an enforcer in the NFL).

People here will complain about every pick we'll get from here to eternity, but Neal is a great pick regardless.

I don't know what DQ's plan is, but if you don't have a strong pass rush, then you strengthen your secondary and this kid definitely has the strength.

I like the pick. He fits a position of need for us and moreso brings an attitude and intimidation factor to the defense. Our defense just got better with the addition of Neal. He fits our scheme to a T for that in-the-box SS enforcer. I am excited to see who else we pick. 

All I know is that  the defense got a lot tougher this off season with Shelby, Upshaw and Neal. We are finally starting to get defensive players that  play with an edge about them - not that fake Hard Knocks tough guy talk. Neal is the prototypical SS for this scheme.

As for the complainers - its usually the same folks who complain about everything anyway - I don't even pay them any attention.

32 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Reminds me alot of the Trufant conversation.  

I don't recall that, but it could be that my own objection to Trufant was trading up. 

I was wrong, but I didn't think he was a reach or anything. I just think you should let the draft come to you as a general rule.   Maybe others felt he was drafted too high. That's nuts IMHO. But then I like this pick too. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

I like the pick. He fits a position of need for us and moreso brings an attitude and intimidation factor to the defense. Our defense just got better with the addition of Neal. He fits our scheme to a T for that in-the-box SS enforcer. I am excited to see who else we pick. 

Ditto

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

But glad to have this guy on the team. Should be fun watching him. Hopefully he has a healthy career in Atlanta 

Fans will always be complainers when they don't get the guy they want. But they will change their tone if Neal turns out to be a boom pick.