The TDWII Take: Keanu Neal...

48 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Sometimes I have to wonder if people have actually watched a full game of Polamalu. He missed as much as he hit. He gambled his way out of half the plays. He was infuriating to watch. But, hey...highlights!

Ummm yeah.  You're right........Polamalu sucked :huh:

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Sometimes I have to wonder if people have actually watched a full game of Polamalu. He missed as much as he hit. He gambled his way out of half the plays. He was infuriating to watch. But, hey...highlights!

Yes! He was a miss or hit it out da park player. From the poor to average teams in the AFC he would shine........higher tier teams mostly just another player on defense. A little overrated to me this very day.

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Yeah I was/am some what bummed we didn't grab Jack but this kid is something we did need.  They were talking about him on the 929 this morning & reading his NFL draft profile strengths.  One thing they said was "Explodes downhill in run support with blood in his eyes. Vicious hitter looking to bruise bones and set tones."  That got me pumped.

me too! Can't wait for the added power later on this evening...........Old pappy, "R the great, would you please prepare the caviar and pass the grey pupon down with the cheese and wine this fine afternoon?" R," Yes indeed Sir Pappy falcon."

11 hours ago, atlGM said:

I can agree with this. I wasn't high on Neal but thought is wasn't the right pick mainly because of our other needs. But it's a done deal now and as you said if he becomes an impact player 

I'll give TD his credit 

Is it possible that you're underestimating the importance of the SS in this defense?

16 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think the starts in college isn't as significant IMO.  19 games is more than what Shaq Larson started...Neal was a true (not redshirt) junior declare.  So for the most part, he became a starter when he was a sophomore.  I don't see that as a detriment.

As for Collins...I think he was considered quite raw coming out.  Rawer than Neal at a more technique driven or technical position in the secondary.    And while the 4 game suspension gets year 2 off shakily, it won't affect his off-season prep.  Will Moore was invisible his rookie year, and he turned into a solid pro.  

I had started to like Karl Joseph real late, not only because of the player, but the fit/need.  If Neal is a reasonable facsimile, that's good news.

Neal is a bit raw as well. He has a ways to go in coverage. 19 games says raw. He should be able to survive while he develops but I think the expectations are already too high. Granted at 17 you should expect a bit which is my point. Not that he wont be good because I think he will but he will need time as well.

Edited by Sobeit