the Neal pick makes Joshua Perry even more vital to get

Kayoh

I love Neal but at 6'0.5" 211 lbs he's probably not the best candidate to bring down Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Let him handle covering TEs and stuffing RBs, but when a 6'5 250 lb Cam Newton comes at him he's going to regret trying to throw his body around recklessly. Joshua Perry is 6'4 254. Bring him home, TD.

2 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I love Neal but at 6'0.5" 211 lbs he's probably not the best candidate to bring down Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Let him handle covering TEs and stuffing RBs, but when a 6'5 250 lb Cam Newton comes at him he's going to regret trying to throw his body around recklessly. Joshua Perry is 6'4 254. Bring him home, TD.

Kayoh yeah man I'd honestly take Perry > Ragland would'nt complain at that pick at all.

Man I have 0 worries about Neal I bet Cam slides if Neal ever gets him in his gun-sights.

2 minutes ago, WORilla said:

He took down Derrick Henry at that size. 

But you're probably right. We need a LB. I'm hoping we can snag Ragland in the 2nd somehow. 

Perry is bigger, more athletic, and better in coverage than Ragland. You don't want Ragland.

Just now, LookAboutFalcon said:

If Reggie Ragland fell to the 2nd round then I can see Perry making it to the 3rd.  We still need a NT, and no Tyson Jackson is not going to cut it.  Didn't workout for the Chiefs when they tried him out there. He is much older now and was barley effective as a 5 tech.

Ragland fell to the 2nd because he offers nothing in the passing game. Perry can cover. Big difference.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

Perry is bigger, more athletic, and better in coverage than Ragland. You don't want Ragland.

You didn't comment on my perry-Ragland comparison thread so I'm not about to listen to you now!!! 

Just now, WORilla said:

That's too much work for a joke lol. 

I've already done a Perry vs. Ragland analysis.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:12 AM, Kayoh said:

Joshua Perry, MLB, Ohio State
Explanation: Those of you who like Reggie Ragland, you'll love Joshua Perry. He's a guy that can do everything Ragland can do, and then some. He takes on blocks head-on like Ragland. He brings the pain on tackles like Ragland. He fills gaps and plays disciplined football like Ragland. There are also somethings he can do that Ragland can't. He's better than Ragland in coverage. He can keep up with outside runs and force them to either run out of bounds or cut upfield prematurely. He's also a significantly more reliable tackler than Ragland. I was doing some research last night and found a very interesting stat that I think is worth noting. Over the last two years, Reggie Ragland has missed 28 tackles out of a potential 223 tackle attempts. In that same time period, the last two years, Joshua Perry has had 203 tackle attempts. How many of those tackle attempts has he missed? Nine. I love Jatavis Brown in coverage, but even I can admit he's a lackluster run defender. Why do I bring that up? Because Reggie Ragland, having missed 12.56% of his tackle attempts over the last two seasons, is in the same league as Brown, who missed 13.02% of his tackle attempts. The competition level is very different, but I think it speaks more on Ragland's tackling issues than Brown. Ragland is supposed to be the best run defending LB in this class. You can't have your 2 down thumper missing 1 in 8 tackle attempts. That's unacceptable. Joshua Perry misses 4.43%. That's 1 in 22 or 23 attempts, so one missed tackle every game or two. That's what you want out of your MLB.

If we trust him enough to cover/tackle 250lb TE's then i trust him enough to tackle Cam Newton and James Winston (who has reportedly lost like 30lbs this offseason anyways). 

If you want Perry thats cool, but i don't know about all this questioning Neal's ability to get Cam and James down. Not to mention he is primarily tackling WR's,TE's, and RB's. Not QB's. 

Going Neal here makes me think that we probably play Reed in the middle more so I am not sure who we take in the 2nd. Bullard would be a good value if he makes it to our pick. I also would consider Cravens and Jones if they make it to our pick. I think Spriggs will be the pick if he does not go ahead of us though.

Neal will be the box safety in base and nickle backer.

Edited by Sobeit

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Josh Perry remind me so much of KJ Wright. Wouldn't be mad with him at all although I do have a couple D lineman higher than him. 

mind sharing? I'm guessing Billings but if he and Perry were both available at 50 I'd still want Perry

9 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

mind sharing? I'm guessing Billings but if he and Perry were both available at 50 I'd still want Perry

Chris Jones, Andrew Billings, Jonathan Bullard and Javon Hargrave (no order).

I'd have no complaints if we took Perry over all of them. But I'm just a sucker for dine talent and I think we need to improve our interior pass rush. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

Chris Jones, Andrew Billings, Jonathan Bullard and Javon Hargrave (no order).

I'd have no complaints if we took Perry over all of them. But I'm just a sucker for dine talent which is why I have them slightly higher. 

I love Jones, Bullard and Hargrave. I like Billings.

But here's the thing.

Chris Jones is Hageman 2.0. Same pros, same cons. Hageman is more athletic by quite a bit though.

Bullard is a really good player but he's Derrick Shelby in a younger body. When you have as many holes as we do, you don't draft that guy in the 2nd.

Billings...like I said, I'd rather have Perry.

Hargrave I love but might be available at 81.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

I love Jones, Bullard and Hargrave. I like Billings.

But here's the thing.

Chris Jones is Hageman 2.0. Same pros, same cons. Hageman is more athletic by quite a bit though.

Bullard is a really good player but he's Derrick Shelby in a younger body. When you have as many holes as we do, you don't draft that guy in the 2nd.

Billings...like I said, I'd rather have Perry.

Hargrave I love but might be available at 81.

I feel like Jones offers more in the pass rushing game than Hagman. One tape there's some things I like that he does better than Hageman.

Bullard has a better first step than Shelby but they have a lot of the same qualities at the same time I can see them coexisting in certain situations.

Billings and Hargrave we agree on although I think Hargrave has raised his stock enough to cement himself as a late 2nd early 3rd rounder so we'd have to pounce on him in the 2nd.

Now I don't feel like really getting into it to much right now but I still feel we MUST add another pass rusher preferably on the inside which is why I'm higher on these guys. I think the second round DTs provide the best value in this draft.

Where do you see Perry in this defense.  WLB or MLB? 

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

I feel like Jones offers more in the pass rushing game than Hagman. One tape there's some things I like that he does better than Hageman.

Bullard has a better first step than Shelby but they have a lot of the same qualities at the same time I can see them coexisting in certain situations.

Billings and Hargrave we agree on although I think Hargrave has raised his stock enough to cement himself as a late 2nd early 3rd rounder so we'd have to pounce on him in the 2nd.

Now I don't feel like really getting into it to much right now but I still feel we MUST add another pass rusher preferably on the inside which is why I'm higher on these guys. I think the second round DTs provide the best value in this draft.

Where do you see Perry in this defense.  WLB or MLB? 

I prefer Perry at MLB but either one works.