The good news is Myles Jack is still available.

The 1st round is for players who can play now. Myles Jack might not see the field in 2016, and his condition could take away what got him noticed in the first place. Using a 2nd on Jack may still be too risky. 

Edited by 4dabirds

Just now, Intellectually Honest said:

Using a 1st on Neal is riskier.

Yet to be seen, but the Falcons could've probably of done better.

For whatever reason the Falcons must be thinking that Upshaw and Spoon are the answer at LB, so safety was the most important need to fill. Bringing in Shelby and possibly moving Reed to the middle may have Quinn thinking differently than us fans. I can't imagine what the 2nd round holds for the Falcons. 

20 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

We'll probably draft a kicker or punter in the 2nd round, cause it'll help our pass rush by placing the opponents in bad field position.

Very well said. I am torn between a kicker or punter for the 2nd.  Obviously a punter can pin the other offense deep for field position. A kicker though can make his kicks. Only time will tell. Getting excited for our pass rush 

24 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

We'll probably draft a kicker or punter in the 2nd round, cause it'll help our pass rush by placing the opponents in bad field position.

We also know there will be a lot of bitiching by you and a few others no matter who is picked. Good luck to you on the Falcons picking someone you won't whine about 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

He's not playing in '16.

He will play in 2016. The problem is with his condition that it is assumed he will need surgery for his knees a couple years from now, and no one wants to draft someone with a very short NFL career. So unlike Jaylon Smith who needs to recover now to get healthier later, Jack is seen as having an issue that will progressively be getting worse.

1 hour ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Using a 1st on Neal is riskier.

5 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

He will play in 2016. The problem is with his condition that it is assumed he will need surgery for his knees a couple years from now, and no one wants to draft someone with a very short NFL career. So unlike Jaylon Smith who needs to recover now to get healthier later, Jack is seen as having an issue that will progressively be getting worse.

You feeling alright? You seem like your caught up on what those 2 players were,and not what they are.

6 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

No. it is said he will need surgery now and likely not playing this year. DEFINITELY not at a high level.

I said earlier in the week, that I don't see him playing this yr. It is just a feeling I have but his drop adds to it. 

Thought it would be one of those situations where at first he is being held out of practice as a "precaution". Then he practices a bit, but doesn't play in the preseason, maybe he tries to play/practice a bit,  but eventually boom; surgery.

Probably is best to go ahead and get it fixed anyway. B. Graham has come back OK from microfracture surgery. Clowney has too I guess. It's not the career death sentence it use to be especially to NBA guys. 

Drafting a dude like him is like buying an old broken down Porsche off of Ebay.

A few clueless people get all dumb over it for what it once was & think you got a great deal on it, but in reality it spends most of it's time going absolutely nowhere... just sitting in the driveway, eating up money in repairs, taxes, and insurance.

You soon realize you could've/should've gotten a far more reliable ride for the same price.

I really wanted Jack but at this point, Jaylon Smith might actually be a safer bet over a 4-year rookie contract.  It has been crazy to see one of the most talented guys in the draft drop like this but the reports on his knee suggest he should do the surgery sooner rather than later.  Throw in that knees are so easily damaged and you very well could lose him first year.  He will be picked up today as there are a few teams with multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks.

If he is there at 50, we can feel good that we resisted temptation.