Lets all calm down here and trust that DQ knows what he is doing and has a sound plan

JG2008

Lets all calm down here and trust that DQ knows what he is doing and has a sound plan. Keanu Neal is a great tone setting safety --

look on the bright side.....at least we didn't panic and trade up to get him

i think we need to give DQ three full years of rebuilding this team (perhaps even 4) before we can start bitching about its not working.  Personally I think the 1st year 2017 in the new Mercedes Benz stadium is going to be the real positive turning point for this franchise and that this year is still a work in progress --- let's face it we just have way too many holes and too many positions to fix to do it in one year

now I say all of this (a 3 year plan for DQ) on the premise that we don't screw up the remaining 4 picks we do have in this draft - you never know with TD's finger on the trigger 

2 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

He misses tackles too, takes poor angles and doesn't wrap up as much as he should. He also doesn't have the speed to make up for mistakes he makes on the field.

All very coachable things. The speed is definitely there as well. Manuel is going to have a field day with this guy. 

2 minutes ago, The Architect said:

All very coachable things. The speed is definitely there as well. Manuel is going to have a field day with this guy. 

His speed is comparable to Ragland's. What in the world are you talking about? The guy is a jumper and has great acceleration, but that doesn't mean he is fast. Neal is a small MLB playing safety

Quinn is off to a very rocky start. His predecessor set the ball really high and it looks like Quinn is about to get clothes lined. Too much musical chair instead of building a sold roster.  Who thought after watching the last game of the season that the position you needed to address most in the draft was safety. 

His speed is comparable to Ragland's. What in the world are you talking about? The guy is a jumper and has great acceleration, but that doesn't mean he is fast. Neal is a small MLB playing safety

We'll have to agree to disagree,  I see nice game speed when I see Neal play. If we want to look towards exact measurables 4.59 and 4.62 are solid times for a SS. I personally don't put too much stock into those though. 

Just now, The Architect said:

We'll have to agree to disagree,  I see nice game speed when I see Neal play. If we want to look towards exact measurables 4.59 and 4.62 are solid times for a SS. I personally don't put too much stock into those though. 

It's real easy to fall in love with the measurables and forget about the tape. Neal plays faster than his 40 time leads on. I'm not sure why some think that this is Madden and a Safety has to have 88 speed to be successful. Look at Kam Chancellor he ran a 4.69, but the physicality and attitude he brings changes that Seattle defense. I'll let Quinn build his roster.

14 minutes ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

It's real easy to fall in love with the measurables and forget about the tape. Neal plays faster than his 40 time leads on. I'm not sure why some think that this is Madden and a Safety has to have 88 speed to be successful. Look at Kam Chancellor he ran a 4.69, but the physicality and attitude he brings changes that Seattle defense. I'll let Quinn build his roster.

Seattle has what Atlanta does not, and that is a pass rush. Their corners and safeties are not asked to cover the opposition nearly as long.

Seattle has what Atlanta does not, and that is a pass rush. Their corners and safeties are not asked to cover the opposition nearly as long.

But in the same breath Stong Safety was still a need, and there is still plenty of day 2-3 talent to fill holes that we need. Not what we as fans feel should happen. I'm pretty sure NFL teams aren't built on first rounders alone.

34 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

He misses tackles too, takes poor angles and doesn't wrap up as much as he should. He also doesn't have the speed to make up for mistakes he makes on the field.

Yeah.  To be honest it's hard for me to get excited about a safety when the main thing I hear about him is 'big-hitter.'  That usually means he's not great in coverage and can miss tackles going for the big hit... Like Willy Mo.

21 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

The D was maybe a little better last year but not much. Pass rush still sucks.  Linebackers still suck.  Terrible pick tonight.

we went from dead last in defense to middle of the pack with essenially the same players.  Id say that was pretty good.

we got one of the needs and have four more picks to get others.  Lets  see the whole draft before judgeing.

6 minutes ago, UltraTurbo 2000 said:

we went from dead last in defense to middle of the pack with essenially the same players.  Id say that was pretty good.

we got one of the needs and have four more picks to get others.  Lets  see the whole draft before judgeing.

We also played a lot of backup QBs...

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

We also played a lot of backup QBs...

This is a point I made all year. You can't measure improvement when the opposition you are facing is less than the previous year. The standard needs to be comparable. I mean the Falcons could play a pop warner team and the fans can say look how much the defense improved. These type of platitudes homers say is amazing.