What did you expect?

This wasted pick of an unknown talent in the 1st round,when we only have 5 picks to begin with, when we are last in the league in sacks,and top rated defensive ends and linebackers are STILL ON THE BOARD? Man this looks like a circus being run by clowns.even the network announcers were lost for words.hey arthur,yes,you Can get 3 starters out of this draft...but the idea is supposed to get  3 GOOD starters

A short list of players available when we picked:

S. Lawson

J. Smith

M. Jack

R. Ragland

What the flying phuck just happened? 

Granted I'm no expert and I'm sure DQ an TD know what they are doing but I just don't understand this pick. I'm sick about it. I really hope this kid helps our football team but I just don't understand how you can pass on the guys listed above for the 4th best S in the draft. (According to the so called "experts")  someone please help me like this pick cause right now I feel like I'm going to puke. 

1 minute ago, "The" Donnie Ray said:

S. Lawson

J. Smith

M. Jack

R. Ragland

Granted I'm no expert and I'm sure DQ an TD know what they are doing but I just don't understand this pick. I'm sick about it. I really hope this kid helps our football team but I just don't understand how you can pass on the guys listed above for the 4th best S in the draft. (According to the so called "experts")  someone please help me like this pick cause right now I feel like I'm going to puke. 

I can't help. I feel EXACTLY the same.  Just sick.

1 minute ago, "The" Donnie Ray said:

S. Lawson

J. Smith

M. Jack

R. Ragland

Sorry I'm still trying to figure it out too. But then again we still have TD sooooo

8 minutes ago, "The" Donnie Ray said:

S. Lawson

J. Smith

M. Jack

R. Ragland

Lawson needs surgery and is pretty much the same player we already have in Courtney Upshaw. Jaylon Smith isn't even going to play THIS SEASON. Jack is a huge red flag with his injury and continues to slide down the draft. Ragland is a two-down player who wouldn't make as big of an impact in Atlanta at ILB as Keanu will at SS. 

So in short, we passed on players who continue to slip and have plenty of red flags for a player our coaching staff LOVES and has the best character and work ethic any team could ask for. Relax people. 

11 minutes ago, "The" Donnie Ray said:

S. Lawson

J. Smith

M. Jack

R. Ragland

The only one there that I would have taken over Neal is Lawson. Everyone one of those linebackers have health concerns 

Drafted for position need instead of taking the best player available, and ended up settling for a HUGE drop in talent that we could have acquired.  I am also just sick of every year reaching for a position instead of just taking the talent available.  

The drop off between a Lawson or Ragland and a second round front seven guy is exponentially more drastic than the drop off from Neal and a second round safety... 

14 minutes ago, shock said:

Lawson needs surgery and is pretty much the same player we already have in Courtney Upshaw. Jaylon Smith isn't even going to play THIS SEASON. Jack is a huge red flag with his injury and continues to slide down the draft. Ragland is a two-down player who wouldn't make as big of an impact in Atlanta at ILB as Keanu will at SS. 

So in short, we passed on players who continue to slip and have plenty of red flags for a player our coaching staff LOVES and has the best character and work ethic any team could ask for. Relax people.

Ok what about Lee? And according to the medical recheck Lawson is fine. Surgery not needed.

Edited by "The" Donnie Ray

I was never impressed with Darron Lee. I'm sure he'll do just fine in NY with that mauling defensive line in front of him, but I'd still take Neal over him. Even before Oakland snatched up Joseph and shortened the list of available safeties. You people are seriously kidding yourselves if you think Keanu Neal would've slipped out of the 1st round.

Edited by shock

1 minute ago, falconfansince66 said:

We got a Day 1 STARTER at a position of NEED.  Sure, there were some big names there others wanted, but how many of them would've been "Day 1 Starters"?   I think we made a good pick.  A TON of great talent is dropping into the second.  Tomorrow will likely be much more exciting that tonight. 

I believe Lee would have been a day one starter. I also believe Lawson would have too.