So were we trying to trade up to get Neal?

7 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Ian Rapport was tweeting that we were trying to move up 2 or 3 spots.  

Yep, when Joseph went, the room went into panic mode.  Getting someone to bite on a trade would have been the only possible way to screw this draft up more.

14 minutes ago, The Rock said:

This is exactly what happened.

Yep, my buddy tipped me off. We really wanted Joseph and tried to move up. After that we decided to stay put. The Jets tried to trade in front of us for Neal, if that went down Jack was the guy at 17.

Edited by The Architect
Extra context

45 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Ian Rapport was tweeting that we were trying to move up 2 or 3 spots.  

I doubt the Falcons were trying to move up for Neal...Somebody else maybe. However, I doubt they were trying to move up so much as move back. I don't think the Birds were very high on Lee as much as they might have been on Floyd IMO. Once Floyd was off the board then it became more about filling a need. I don't think BPA came into play because there are too many medical concerns on other players still on the board. Picking at 17 is not a great spot at all. I like the pick for Neal, but I would have preferred they found a trade partner, because I think Neal would have been there at the end of the round. 

3 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Yep, my buddy tipped me off. We really wanted Joseph and tried to move up. After that we decided to stay put. The Jets tried to trade in front of us for Neal, if that went down Jack was the guy at 17.

Yeah I mocked Karl Joseph to us in my only mock, because I knew he was a good fit in our defense. Got a lot of flack for it. He was off the board so Neal was the next best Safety. I love both players. 

2 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Yeah I mocked Karl Joseph to us in my only mock, because I knew he was a good fit in our defense. Got a lot of flack for it. He was off the board so Neal was the next best Safety. I love both players. 

Same here, I wanted Jack there but they feel like he'll possibly be there in the 2nd. If he gets close enough to our pick, I hear we'll trade up. 2 day 1 starters there.

2 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Same here, I wanted Jack there but they feel like he'll possibly be there in the 2nd. If he gets close enough to our pick, I hear we'll trade up. 2 day 1 starters there.

I would love that. I would be happy with Ragland too if Jack is gone.