The key tonight

Robb4242

Watch the Linebackers.  I think we're locked in on taking a LB at pick #17.  As has been widely reported, it just makes sense that either Darron Lee or Leonard Floyd are our primary targets.  If Jack slips this far, that could be a wildcard, but I think this draft is too important for the people involved in making the selections to take that big of a risk.  Ragland is the last of the group, and I think we'd settle for him at 17 given our desperate need at the position. 

HOWEVER, if Lee, Floyd, and Ragland are all off the board, I think we start lighting up the phone lines and start trying to work a deal back in the draft and then we're looking at Keanu Neal later in the 1st.

There is a lot of DT/DE talent in this draft and we could look to go that direction if we can't make a trade.  I think 17 is too early for Neal.  Ideally, we'd look here in the 2nd round because of the depth at these positions in this draft, there will be good talent in the middle of the 2nd round.  But if not, then I think we'll look hard at Ogbah and Spence here.

I agree 100% that is their thinking .... Lee it will bee.... Floyd be gone ,but his legend lives on..... But personally I'd love for us to trade down and take Ogbah,, or even Conklin would be a great choice, And we get another high pick... But if Lee's all that,, bring him home ...WE will make him feel welcome..  

5 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

Watch the Linebackers.  I think we're locked in on taking a LB at pick #17.  As has been widely reported, it just makes sense that either Darron Lee or Leonard Floyd are our primary targets.  If Jack slips this far, that could be a wildcard, but I think this draft is too important for the people involved in making the selections to take that big of a risk.  Ragland is the last of the group, and I think we'd settle for him at 17 given our desperate need at the position. 

HOWEVER, if Lee, Floyd, and Ragland are all off the board, I think we start lighting up the phone lines and start trying to work a deal back in the draft and then we're looking at Keanu Neal later in the 1st.

There is a lot of DT/DE talent in this draft and we could look to go that direction if we can't make a trade.  I think 17 is too early for Neal.  Ideally, we'd look here in the 2nd round because of the depth at these positions in this draft, there will be good talent in the middle of the 2nd round.  But if not, then I think we'll look hard at Ogbah and Spence here.

You were right with your thought,, It's amazing how many people in the game got Neal correct.. Thankfully I had him in my top 20 from the beginning.. I knew we needed a S badly.. I think we got a real good S.  Can't wait to see him play for us. 

9 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

You were right with your thought,, It's amazing how many people in the game got Neal correct.. Thankfully I had him in my top 20 from the beginning.. I knew we needed a S badly.. I think we got a real good S.  Can't wait to see him play for us. 

I'm really shocked that we valued safety over linebacker.  While safety was a need, it can't be a bigger one that linebacker.  Are we really set to go into the year with just adding Weatherspoon & Upshaw?  The talent tonight is on the DL, as expected.  Got a pretty good shot at maybe Ogbah or even Spence (if he's on our board), but that will still leave us extremely weak at the LB spot.

3 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

I'm really shocked that we valued safety over linebacker.  While safety was a need, it can't be a bigger one that linebacker.  Are we really set to go into the year with just adding Weatherspoon & Upshaw?  The talent tonight is on the DL, as expected.  Got a pretty good shot at maybe Ogbah or even Spence (if he's on our board), but that will still leave us extremely weak at the LB spot.

I just don't believe Ogbah last to our 2nd pick,, I do not believe he will,, I hate seeing us trade up and lose a pick,, But I think Ogbah is a sure thing and would be a steal at our 2nd round pick. Just don't believe he'll still be on the board. If we do trade up , I wish we would trade a next years pick being this will be a much better draft. Here's the good news.. Hopefully Bullard  will be thee is Ogbah is not, and if not then I think we should consider DT Hargrave. I'd love any of these three.