Scott Wright's Final Mock Says Falcons Pick Is Near Sure-Thing

Darron Lee | Ohio St.

This is one of those choices that the majority of analysts seem to agree upon.  It may not be a matter of if the Falcons will select a linebacker with this pick, but rather which one.  Lee is a former prep quarterback who has only been playing his new position for a few years but has already emerged as an impact presence.  Lee is an outstanding athlete with the ability to run, hit, cover and blitz while also earning high marks for his intangibles.  Lee is still a bit underdeveloped physically and must continue to master the nuances of the position but his best football is still to come.  Atlanta has also been linked to Myles Jack of UCLA, Leonard Floyd of Georgia, Reggie Ragland of Alabama and Emmanuel Ogbah of Oklahoma St.  The safety position is also a need but Karl Joseph of West Virginia and Keanu Neal of Florida would be a reach at this point.  There are no sure-thing’s in the NFL Draft but it’s honestly difficult to envision the Falcons going in any direction other than linebacker in the first round.

Nope. Won't happen. Mocks never play out, especially to pick 17. Even if he is there, I doubt we take him. I have no preference but if Lee, Ragland, Dodd, Spence, and Floyd are available, we will draft Ragland or trade down. Quinn put emphasis on instincts and game speed over measurables. 

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Nope. Won't happen. Mocks never play out, especially to pick 17. Even if he is there, I doubt we take him. I have no preference but if Lee, Ragland, Dodd, Spence, and Floyd are available, we will draft Ragland or trade down. Quinn put emphasis on instincts and game speed over measurables. 

Game speed tells me Ragland wont be the pick then

1 hour ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

News is Ragland has an enlarged aorta. 

Not sure how it will affect his draft status, you know how these last second revelations could be exaggerated.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656721/article/reggie-ragland-flagged-with-enlarged-aorta

That raises a flag(not necessarily a 'red' flag) but, it best, if it is a developmental or congenital deviation from normal, it will be of some concern . May not effect his immediate first few years of pro football stresses but may shorten his career. This said, there are better, close to or ,according to some, better choices for Atlanta at #17.

11 minutes ago, atlGM said:

If we take Lee our run defense will suffer .He'll cover the **** out of TE's man to man but not so sure he'll be able to tackle those TE's.

LOL there it is another assumption.

I'll tell youhad he'll do.

1.lead with the shoulder

2.target below the hips

3.head to the side slight knee bend to keep the back & neck straight and maintain leverage.

4.finish with a nice wrap of the arms tackle technique 101. 

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

LOL there it is another assumption.

I'll tell youhad he'll do.

1.lead with the shoulder

2.target below the hips

3.head to the side slight knee bend to keep the back & neck straight and maintain leverage.

4.finish with a nice wrap of the arms tackle technique 101. 

Show me some tape were he did that in 2015 and  I'll show you 20 plays where he dosen't attempt to even make a tackle.

1 hour ago, atlGM said:

Show me some tape were he did that in 2015 and  I'll show you 20 plays where he dosen't attempt to even make a tackle.

So because he's not doing it now your implying he can't be taught or can't change yeah ok hahahahaha.

Thats the whole thing when fans talk Lee there talking about what he is now no what he's going to be every player is a work in progress.

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So because he's not doing it now your implying he can't be taught or can't change yeah ok hahahahaha.

Thats the whole thing when fans talk Lee there talking about what he is now no what he's going to be every player is a work in progress.

So we should draft a linebacker with our 1st round and teach him how to initiate contact and tackle. Smh

16 minutes ago, Truth B Told (TRU) said:

You don't have to tackle when the player don't catch the ball. If we want a run stuffer we can sign Lofton.

I guess a linebackers the guys who play behind the line of scrimmage first responsibility isn't tackling

39 minutes ago, atlGM said:

So we should draft a linebacker with our 1st round and teach him how to initiate contact and tackle. Smh

Donkey over exaggeration.

Every defensive player can improve there technique lol are you clueless or what.He's never had that problem your just making $hit up.

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Donkey over exaggeration.

Every defensive player can improve there technique lol are you clueless or what.He's never had that problem your just making $hit up.

Go to draftbreakdown.com and actually watch him play. But I get it And I'll leave the insults to the smart guys

Edited by atlGM

Draft count down please.

You said he could'nt tackle but on the Ohio St defense he had as many TFL's as Joey Bosa yet your telling me to go watch whatever lol.

I got an idea before you type and push save how bout get your facts straight about players why not give that a try. 

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Draft count down please.

You said he could'nt tackle but on the Ohio St defense he had as many TFL's as Joey Bosa yet your telling me to go watch whatever lol.

I got an idea before you type and push save how bout get your facts straight about players why not give that a try. 

Draftbreakdown.com watch the games then give me your honest assessment on his tackling and his want to when it comes to initiate contact.

10 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Draftbreakdown.com watch the games then give me your honest assessment on his tackling and his want to when it comes to initiate contact.

I've seen enough games and film of Lee tackling I think it's good enough could it be better yes but implying that he can't is way off base.