White people been hiding hockey from us for years bruh. This [crap] lit.

HolyMoses

St. Louis is parochial, in that there is diversity but little integration.  The Cardinals unite everyone.  The Blues . . . not so much (pretty lilly white.)  Of course, during the playoffs, TV schedules shake things up a little  . . . .

Essentially, a Black STL Cardinal fan wants to watch Cardinal baseball but the Blues/Hawks Game 7 is on  . . . He has never watched hockey but gets a little caught up and starts tweeting:

(Immediately struck by intensity and speed of the game)

Yo deadass this the first time I've ever watched hockey and this **** has been LIT for these first 45 seconds

(Expresses unfamiliarity with rules:)

Wtf is a power play

(Self Explanatory:)

White people been hiding hockey from us for years bruh. This **** lit

(Home team scores:)

GGOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

(Already an expert recognizing the BlackHawks' Patrick Kane is a threat:)

I don't know who this dude kane is but we gotta stop him.

(Asks the same questions EVERY newbie hockey asks:)

Honestly why wouldn't the whole team just stand in front of the net for the last minute

(Blackhawks pull their goalie in closing minute . . . )

Empty Net?

The goalie just said **** it and left?

(Blues Win:)

WE DID ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

"We" being used very loosely.

This dude has like 3 teeth left. This **** is rough and violent

(Purchases EA Sports Hockey:)

this is a steal!!!!! i save 2% i hope you can fight on the game like in real life

(Rethinks things . . . :)

I can't wait till the next game.   baseball is so slow now

(And The Blues Extend an invitation:)

Welcome to Hockey Twitter & #stlblues fandom, @soIoucity! Want to check out Game 3 live? It's on us! #WeAllBleedBlue https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/724955564577419264 

Now . . . this MIGHT be a hoax.  But if it is, it is EXTREMELY well played and kudos to all involved.  If it is authentic, it's the best thing to happen to the NHL since Janet Jones.

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I'd really like to get into hockey but it just doesn't interest me. My friend who lives in Alberta is crazy about it. I guess it's a regional thing since we don't get much snow/ice here. 

Hockey on tv isn't that great.  Hockey in person, is awesome.

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I'd really like to get into hockey but it just doesn't interest me. My friend who lives in Alberta is crazy about it. I guess it's a regional thing since we don't get much snow/ice here. 

Go see a game live. You'll view it in a whole new light GUARANTEED

Hockey is awesome in person. I'm too hot blooded to sit at a Braves game in an open stadium. Hockey is a cool arena, tons of action, and no swamp@$$ by the end of play. 

I prefer Falcons football, but amatuer hockey is pretty **** good. Gwinnett Gladiators are a lot of fun, cheap tickets, good seats, never packed, and always a few fights. 

7 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

We have a hockey team here, I haven't been in years, but it is fun.  I went to a thrashers game when the played the penguins, Crosby was still pretty new in the league, that was really fun. 

I had the opportunity to see Lemeiux and Jagr before the end (of Lemeiux. Apparently Jagr is ageless) 

4 hours ago, pzummo said:

Hockey is awesome in person. I'm too hot blooded to sit at a Braves game in an open stadium. Hockey is a cool arena, tons of action, and no swamp@$$ by the end of play. 

I prefer Falcons football, but amatuer hockey is pretty **** good. Gwinnett Gladiators are a lot of fun, cheap tickets, good seats, never packed, and always a few fights. 

Exactly. Something about hockey in person, it's the biggest jump in excitment from tv to stadium of any sport I know of.

As much as I like football I could watch two sub .500 teams or heck even Ice Dawgs club hockey and still have a good time.

Hockey is a great sport to see in person. Of course, we can thank the Atlanta Spirit for messing up our chance to see NHL Hockey locally. But the Gladiators in Gwinnett are fun to watch as well even if it is minor league hockey. After typing all this, it made me realize how much I still hate the Atlanta Spirit group.

Edited by Maverick

I used to be a casual hockey fan when I lived in Cali... watched the Kings in the playoffs a few times, and every time I watched I'd think to myself, "Dang, why don't I watch more of this??? It's got everything I like... fast paced action, violence, intensity, etc..."  But I never watched more.

Went to a couple of live games a few years ago and liked it, so this year, early in the season I took my son.  He loved it and wanted to go again for his birthday.  We took his sister as well... SHE loved it, I mean she went all in!  Took one of her friends and SHE loved it... took ANOTHER one of her friends and SHE loved it too!!  I mean LOVED it... bought jerseys, followed all players on Twitter, downloaded apps... the works!  Now all of them are so beyond fans it's unreal! Basically started going to 1-2 games a week this season... all because of that first game.

Go to a live game... take your kids and their friends... you won't regret it!

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Caps 1-0 over the Penguins in OT

Caps lead series 1-0

Hey WFW had no idea there was a fellow Caps fan on here.  What a game last night! 

As far as Tony X. Goes he's hilarious and I love how the Blues have embraced him even though I know it's just good PR for them.  His tweets last night were great too.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep. been going to games since 74' when the hats looked like this below...there were some lean years though

Btw, I see the Caps gave you a nice B-Day present with the win...enjoy your day

x354-q80.jpg

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.  As far as the Caps go I've only been a fan for about 10 years so I've never even seen them make the eastern conference finals...got to beat those stinkin penguins dangit!  Ovi deserves a cup.

On April 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Falconcheff said:

I used to be a casual hockey fan when I lived in Cali... watched the Kings in the playoffs a few times, and every time I watched I'd think to myself, "Dang, why don't I watch more of this??? It's got everything I like... fast paced action, violence, intensity, etc..."  But I never watched more.

Went to a couple of live games a few years ago and liked it, so this year, early in the season I took my son.  He loved it and wanted to go again for his birthday.  We took his sister as well... SHE loved it, I mean she went all in!  Took one of her friends and SHE loved it... took ANOTHER one of her friends and SHE loved it too!!  I mean LOVED it... bought jerseys, followed all players on Twitter, downloaded apps... the works!  Now all of them are so beyond fans it's unreal! Basically started going to 1-2 games a week this season... all because of that first game.

Go to a live game... take your kids and their friends... you won't regret it!

We need to catch a game together.

I normally bandwagon teams with USA players (love watching Quick) which I guess of the remaining teams would be Oshie who I like but just can't bring myself to root for a Washington team.

Also I'm racist against Russians :ninja:

edit: Except Kovy