Artys Arryn's Final Mock Draft

Artys Arryn

While I normally would never have a trade for my final mock, since I try to be as realistic as possible for my last one, I believe there is about an 80% chance we trade down. Plenty of teams are looking to move around this year and I think it won't be difficult to find a partner, even if it ends up being a different team than the one listed. Alright, with that out of the way, let's get into it.

1. Rams - Goff

2. Eagles - Wentz

3. Chargers - Ramsey

4. Cowboys - Elliot

5. Jags - Jack

6. Ravens - Buckner

7. 49ers - Tunsil

8. Browns - Bosa

9. Bucs - Floyd

10. Giants - Stanley

11. Bears - Lawson

12. Saints - Lynch

13. Dolphins - Conklin

14. Raiders - Rankins

15. Titans - VH3

16. Lions - Lee

17. Bengals trade - Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (Falcons receive 24, 87, and 2017 3rd)

18. Colts - Decker

19. Bills - Ragland

20. Jets - Billings

21. Redskins - Reed

22. Texans - Treadwell

23. Vikings - Coleman

With the 24th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Falcons select: Keanu Neal, SS, Florida

Rumor has it Quinn covets Keanu Neal. While this may be considered a bit of a reach, Neal will not be there at our second pick so moving back a little allows us to get some additional value and get the guy our HC wants. I expect most of you are already familiar with "The One" (ps this has to be his Nickname if we take him right?) so I won't post a bunch of quotes, the bottom line is he is extremely physical, is a sure tackler, and has good game speed. He does have some questions in coverage but if Quinn has a plan for him then I'm confident he can come in a be a high quality starter.

50th - Emmanual Ogbah - DE, Oklahoma State

Ogbah hasn't been linked to the Falcons much since he has been viewed as a first round pick, however recently his stock has started to fall (presumably to be in line with where the actual scouts have him rated). If he is still on the board at 50, I don't think we can afford to pass on him. While he doesn't possess a lot of speed or finesse, he is strong as an ox and can when with that alone. If he can develop under Quinn, I believe he can become a solid number 2 pass rusher across from Beasley. " COMPARES TO: Vinny Curry, Philadelphia Eagles - Ogbah is a balanced athlete with the physicality and coachable mentality that can be molded in the NFL, similar to Curry when he entered the league. " - CBS Sports

81 - Jatavis Brown, WLB, Akron

Brown's stock has been rising lately and for good reason. He was the MAC Defensive player of the year and set school records for TFLs with 20 and sacks with 12. He also holds the school record for career TFLs with 41.5. " IN OUR VIEW: A three-year starter at weakside linebacker in the Zips 4-3 base defense, Brown jumps off the screen with his athleticism, explosiveness and desire to get to the ball, earning All-MAC First Team honors three straight seasons - considered the Peyton Manning of the defense by defensive coordinator Chuck Amato. Brown stands out with his play speed and physicality, but struggles to avoid blocks and his lack of size will be tough to mask in the NFL. " - CBS Sports

87. Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina

Originally, I didn't see a tight end prospect worth taking in this draft, that was until I found Jerell Adams. Adams is a very athletic tight end that suffered from poor quarterback play. If he had a better quarterback I believe he would be in the discussion with Henry for best TE in the class. NFL.com overview - " Adams took over as the primary target after Rory Anderson went down with an injury in 2014 and excelled, using his height and strider's speed to finish with 21 catches for 279 yards and one score on the year. Even in a year in which the Gamecocks struggled to move the ball through the air (they ranked in the bottom quarter of the FBS), he set career highs with 28 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns. The former star high school basketball player has the physical skills to excel as a receiver and blocker in the NFL. "

115. Joe Thuney, OG, NC State

Thuney has played all over the offensive line at NC State. He is a three years starter and has started at 4 different OL positions. His versatility will make him a huge commodity but for us I believe he can plug in at RG Day 1. I know we all hate PFF but they compare him to Justin Pugh and have this to say " Fantastic athlete for the position. Cuts off 3-techs and linebackers as well as anyone in the class. Looks like a jumbo tight end playing the tackle position. Understands angles well. Attacks where defensive linemen will be instead of where they are. Would be a terrific zone fit because of it."

238. Marquez North, WR, Tennessee

Developmental receiver. He has good upside as a good athlete but missed a lot of time in college. He showed flashes of greatness before missing the last part of 2014 and never bouncing back for 2015. He would have been better off returning to UT but his loss is our gain in this situation.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit: Forgot to list my inspiration for this trade

Edited by Artys Arryn

3 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I like it. Would prefer Jones (LB) over Brown though but I'd be happy with these picks. 

Thanks. I rate Jones and Brown pretty closely but ultimately I think Jones ends up going before our third pick and I don't think the difference between them is worth using our second pick when we could get Brown in the third (my 2 cents).

2 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Thanks. I rate Jones and Brown pretty closely but ultimately I think Jones ends up going before our third pick and I don't think the difference between them is worth using our second pick when we could get Brown in the third (my 2 cents).

You're probably right about Jones and Brown might be a decent pick.  I'd also consider Perry (MLB) with that #87 pick too and maybe wait on TE for now. 

I think I finally see what I like about Keanu Neal. I understand the hits and all. Yay! Makes for great highlights.

But his biggest asset that isn't talked about is his pursuit. How quickly he responds and gets to the ball without impacting angles or space.

I think he needs work in coverage but not short routes. It's more the long routes. I'm warming up to him now.

2 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

You're probably right about Jones and Brown might be a decent pick.  I'd also consider Perry (MLB) with that #87 pick too and maybe wait on TE for now. 

I like the idea of waiting until next year to target OJ Howard, however I think Adams can develop into something special. And I've been hesitant to mock Perry anywhere due to his stock being all over the place but I think he could be a good player for us, it'll definitely be interesting to see where and when he ends up going.

You're a great poster, man. Well thought out mock and I'd be incredibly happy with it.

I love Neal, and I don't think it's a reach with the amount of uncertainty where the safeties will be going this year. Get the guy you want, simple as that. Although I'd rather Karl Joseph there.

37 minutes ago, FalconTough said:

You're a great poster, man. Well thought out mock and I'd be incredibly happy with it.

I love Neal, and I don't think it's a reach with the amount of uncertainty where the safeties will be going this year. Get the guy you want, simple as that. Although I'd rather Karl Joseph there.

Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I've been pretty vocal recently about my love for Joseph, he's one of my favorite prospects in the draft and if I was GM, I would be targeting him. However, we haven't brought him in or been tied to him at all. Meanwhile there has been plenty of attention given to Neal. At the end of the day, I trust that Quinn knows his system and can select for it better than I. 

20 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

no way ogbah makes it to 50.

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp Ogbah at 34

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-we-make-every-pick-for-all-seven-rounds-042616 Ogbah at 36

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655075/article/2016-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-2 Ogbah at 39

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_2.php Ogbah at 55

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-first-round-expert-picks No sight of Ogbah in 4 different first round mocks

These are a few mock drafts posted in the last couple of days. Is it really that improbable that he makes it to 50?

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

very plausible Arty-  good job!

Thanks man!

8 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I've been pretty vocal recently about my love for Joseph, he's one of my favorite prospects in the draft and if I was GM, I would be targeting him. However, we haven't brought him in or been tied to him at all. Meanwhile there has been plenty of attention given to Neal. At the end of the day, I trust that Quinn knows his system and can select for it better than I. 

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp Ogbah at 34

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-we-make-every-pick-for-all-seven-rounds-042616 Ogbah at 36

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655075/article/2016-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-2 Ogbah at 39

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_2.php Ogbah at 55

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-first-round-expert-picks No sight of Ogbah in 4 different first round mocks

These are a few mock drafts posted in the last couple of days. Is it really that improbable that he makes it to 50?

Thanks man!

Good point, man. In terms of mocks that are done through Quinn's eyes you got it about spot on.

I like it other than Ogbah. 

Really like Marquez North. He is just one of the many solid late rd WRs that are in this draft. I don't know if he makes it to the 7th, but he definitely will be somewhere close to there. Miami's Reshawn Scott is another guy i like a lot in the 7th-UDFA range. Cayleb Jones as well. 

7 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Really like Marquez North. He is just one of the many solid late rd WRs that are in this draft. I don't know if he makes it to the 7th, but he definitely will be somewhere close to there. Miami's Reshawn Scott is another guy i like a lot in the 7th-UDFA range. Cayleb Jones as well. 

Ogbah at 50 would be a huge steal but I doubt he makes it that far. 

5 minutes ago, falconcrest58 said:

I know Florida's Jon Bullard  personally and he told me last week that DQ loves K Neal....so artys may be on the money

Its not really arty being on the money because its already been documented a few days ago that DQ loves K Neal. I think it was in the draft rumor thread. 

If i'm in charge of the draft i'm looking hard at a lot of Florida prospects this this draft. 

-Bullard, Neal, McCalister, Morrison, Robinson. 

8 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Ogbah gets a lot of hate but I think that's because he has been mocked as a first rounder. I think he is a really good value in the second and probably an instant starter for us. There are quite a few good developmental players, not just WR, that should be there late. Reshawn Scott would be a nice pick up but I haven't watched any Cayleb Jones, will have to do that.

3 hours ago, WORilla said:

Glad to see you on the Adams wagon! 

All aboard!!

1 hour ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Ogbah at 50 would be a huge steal but I doubt he makes it that far. 

Likely? Maybe not. Possible? Definitely. See my post above.

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Its not really arty being on the money because its already been documented a few days ago that DQ loves K Neal. I think it was in the draft rumor thread. 

If i'm in charge of the draft i'm looking hard at a lot of Florida prospects this this draft. 

-Bullard, Neal, McCalister, Morrison, Robinson. 

I mean yeah, like I said in an above post, Neal isn't my favorite safety prospect but it does appear he is Quinn's favorite. Bullard is the truth and I'd be happy with him in the second if Ogbah is gone.

I am with my wife vacationing in France.  We had a blast and are now resting for another assault on the local wines.  I popped into TATF and found this gem of a mock.  

AA, if you are remotely on target with this projection, we will have scored better than I could expect.  Ogbah at 50?  I find that one pretty surprising.  I might switch Thuney for another OG, like Seumalo, but I would just be nit-picking.

Nice job and now, for some wine with a side of duck.