No cable but wanna watch the draft?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Who doesn't have cable???  The antenna doesnt work anymore

I'll be honest B-lo, I have cut mine for the better! Of course I miss it, but I got tired of calling people about my bill magically jumping for no reason at all.

Not gunna mention the dish Co. but even after 3 months of no service they have the nerve to try and sneak out of my account 5 freaking dollars!

Crooked baaastadds! Paying over 200 a month.............I'm done!

I gotta go fire stick now............all for the better. I'm not eating hotdogs for a month to watch TV.

Well, antenna wise...........they have HD Ant's that work in a certain mileage range. But if you like and can afford cable, keep it.

For some people on a budget it just sucks.

9 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Thats different. You chose netflix and hulu over comcast/directv. It has the same channels and cost less lots of people are going that way. You can still watch the draft on espn/nfln app on your phone or tablet. I just dont think not having cable is a thing like it was in the late 80s early 90s. Back then it was because you couldn't afford it but now its a choice, you cant watch tv without basic cable. I think if you just plug the cable wire into the inlet on your tv boom free cable. 

It helps if you are an internet pirate....otherwise you miss everything. But you still pay for internet, hulu, and Netflix. ....together they add up to nearly the cost of basic cable

9 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Another option: Sling TV 7 day trial which has ESPN, and then cancel after the draft.

Bumping this for anyone just looking for draft coverage.  It's easy, and gives you an HD ESPN feed for many different devices, but it does require a credit card and you'll want to cancel within a week to not get charged.

Not trying to discourage anyone from Kodi if you want it otherwise, but it does take a little bit of work to set up for this and the feed quality can be hit or miss.  For the draft, quality probably isn't that big of a deal though.

Edited by PK Manley

2 hours ago, Old Pappy falcon said:

Hey my man, we've all been down that road. Don't feel bad..............tech will get us to pass all of this.

Not all of us. I live in the boondocks lol. Overpaying for crappy dsl is and probably will remain the only option

19 hours ago, PK Manley said:

No, I'm talking about an HD antenna, which I own myself.  You don't need a converter box unless you want to watch SD with rabbit ears.

HD antennas start at about $30 or so depending how far of a range you need.  I watched almost every Falcons game on it the last 2 years in better quality than cable.

Yeah I got a $70 one and it still doesn't work that well. It is highly dependent upon you living in an area that will get a good reception. Otherwise you are screwed.

NFL.com will broadcast the draft. I'm sure the NFL XBOX app will also. It's just not the cable/main feed of the NFL Draft. But that's a option.

Or use a 7 day free trial of Sling TV. If you have already, it is just $19 a month. If you have T-Mobile that price drops to $14. 30% off. But that's two legal, none-cable options. Or just go to a bar/restaurant.

Edited by FRIZZ3L

On 4/27/2016 at 0:32 PM, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Thats different. You chose netflix and hulu over comcast/directv. It has the same channels and cost less lots of people are going that way. You can still watch the draft on espn/nfln app on your phone or tablet. I just dont think not having cable is a thing like it was in the late 80s early 90s. Back then it was because you couldn't afford it but now its a choice, you cant watch tv without basic cable. I think if you just plug the cable wire into the inlet on your tv boom free cable. 

Playstation Vue $$$$$$$$