No cable but wanna watch the draft?

18 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

No, I'm talking about an HD antenna, which I own myself.  You don't need a converter box unless you want to watch SD with rabbit ears.

HD antennas start at about $30 or so depending how far of a range you need.  I watched almost every Falcons game on it the last 2 years in better quality than cable.

HDTV antennas, the flat thing that you stick to the window, plug into your tv and do a channel scan with????

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

HDTV antennas, the flat thing that you stick to the window, plug into your tv and do a channel scan with????

Um, yeah.  

Cool, so I guess you know what I'm talking about then.  Wasn't sure since you were saying that antennas don't work and then saying you need a converter box.

9 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Um, yeah.  

Cool, so I guess you know what I'm talking about then.  Wasn't sure since you were saying that antennas don't work and then saying you need a converter box.

In his defense like 8 years ago the media started putting out some god awful misinformation about converter boxes and what not. 

My grandparents and all their friends went out and bought a shot ton of brand new plasma tvs because someone on the news told them any of the other kind of TVs wouldn't work anymore. 

Wtf lol. 

Any new tv has the digital converter built in , old school rabbit ears will also still work. The big antique antennas also pull in the hd broadcast.  Used one for 2 years before moving.  I then purchased a small hd antenna from Best Buy for $100 and pull in nearly 50 Channels living 60 miles form Atlanta.  

Kodi is awesome! I've been using it for about 2 years now. I have it running on my nexus player. It works great on the Amazon TV box as well, depending on which wizard you download.

Another alternative is a app called Mobdro. Live TV app. it works on your phone, tablet, and android tv box.

10 minutes ago, NewtonLaws said:

Kodi is awesome! I've been using it for about 2 years now. I have it running on my nexus player. It works great on the Amazon TV box as well, depending on which wizard you download.

Another alternative is a app called Mobdro. Live TV app. it works on your phone, tablet, and android tv box.

Yeah, Fire TV is what I have it on and it runs Kodi great.  Not sure if you've tried any skins, but the xTV-SAF skin is what I use and it's awesome.  It allows you to have shortcuts on the home screen for Fire TV/Android apps like Netflix, etc.

30 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Nfl network show it live on their website. 

Only if you have a login from a cable provider, which some without cable may not have (not usually hard to find one to use though).

If your desparate, I think they're going to have some kind of alternate s.tream on nfl.com, but I don't think it's going to be the same as NFL network.

Edited by PK Manley

For the draft tomorrow, just go to VIP league dot com.

For future purpose, get a $40 android (m8) box and install Kodi and other add ons so you can watch ANYTHING you want. It saved my life. I bought a cheap $40 one just to try and fell in love with it. Soon as I get 3 more for my other tvs, I'm telling Directv to suck my... oh umm well you get the point. 

6 hours ago, AtlantaFanSince1991 said:

If this isn't allowed I apologize, feel free to take down. I've been using this for awhile and heard them talking about it on the radio this weekend. If you have a laptop you can download kodi . It started a few years ago with xbox (xmbc media center) and has grown quite a bit. Literally millions of people use it. Once you have it and open it up just run sportsdevil. Like I said if this isn't allowed please remove, just trying to help guys out that don't have cable. I didn't post any links but if you Google kodi it's literally the first link. If you need help just shoot me a private message. 

They have released the Jarvis update. People can use the Sports Devil addon for it :D

Edited by Intellectually Honest