No cable but wanna watch the draft?

If this isn't allowed I apologize, feel free to take down. I've been using this for awhile and heard them talking about it on the radio this weekend. If you have a laptop you can download kodi . It started a few years ago with xbox (xmbc media center) and has grown quite a bit. Literally millions of people use it. Once you have it and open it up just run sportsdevil. Like I said if this isn't allowed please remove, just trying to help guys out that don't have cable. I didn't post any links but if you Google kodi it's literally the first link. If you need help just shoot me a private message. 

Edited by AtlantaFanSince1991

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, xskyx said:

Me lol. We use netflix and hulu

Thats different. You chose netflix and hulu over comcast/directv. It has the same channels and cost less lots of people are going that way. You can still watch the draft on espn/nfln app on your phone or tablet. I just dont think not having cable is a thing like it was in the late 80s early 90s. Back then it was because you couldn't afford it but now its a choice, you cant watch tv without basic cable. I think if you just plug the cable wire into the inlet on your tv boom free cable. 

2 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Thats different. You chose netflix and hulu over comcast/directv. It has the same channels and cost less lots of people are going that way. You can still watch the draft on espn/nfln app on your phone or tablet. I just dont think not having cable is a thing like it was in the late 80s early 90s. Back then it was because you couldn't afford it but now its a choice, you cant watch tv without basic cable. I think if you just plug the cable wire into the inlet on your tv boom free cable. 

Uh... You still May(Probably) need to have "Cable" to watch through the Apps you mentioned.

9 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Idk this is how you mean it but this post reads "I can understand how you wouldn't have cable because of Netflix......Why would anyone not have cable? That's a 90s problem. 

11 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Uh, perhaps you're not aware that cutting the cord is a huge trend right now with cable packages costing a ton and not much to watch.  Antennas do work and it costs very little for one that displays in full HD.

I haven't had cable for about 2 years, have saved a ton of money, and have a lot of other ways that I watch whatever I want, including Kodi mentioned in the OP.

I know there are plenty of other sources out there. I used to use them alot too, just sucks when they don't work or stop working in the middle of something and you gotta find another one. I just like kodi because it does all the work for you, no need to search for stuff. It has tv shows, movies, live tv, etc. I even have an app on my s5 for it. 

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

PS4 has the NFL app you can watch free. I'm paying Comcast $189 month like a dumbàss, with a data cap.

I wish Google Fiber was available in my area.  I'd do Vue or Sling with no data cap and boatloads faster download/upload speed.  

I'll probably switch to Vue in a month or so but stick with comcast internet.  I dont watch much tv, but I do a good amount of online gaming.

11 minutes ago, AtlantaFanSince1991 said:

I know there are plenty of other sources out there. I used to use them alot too, just sucks when they don't work or stop working in the middle of something and you gotta find another one. I just like kodi because it does all the work for you, no need to search for stuff. It has tv shows, movies, live tv, etc. I even have an app on my s5 for it. 

Kodi is great.  

2 hours ago, WORilla said:

Idk this is how you mean it but this post reads "I can understand how you wouldn't have cable because of Netflix......Why would anyone not have cable? That's a 90s problem. 

Netflix and Hulu is an option to Cable. If you have both of those you dont need a cable provider. There also SlingTV, Roku, PSN and Wii that offer sports channels free of charge. Netflix,Hulu and Showbox is all you actually need. Back in the 90's only a few people had cable due to pricing. In todays world everyone has the option. You can also turn the cable on pretty easliy by yourself if you can not afford it. People who are without cable made the decision not to have it, but if you just plug the cable wire into your tv you will receive basic cable. 

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Uh, perhaps you're not aware that cutting the cord is a huge trend right now with cable packages costing a ton and not much to watch.  Antennas do work and it costs very little for one that displays in full HD.

I haven't had cable for about 2 years, have saved a ton of money, and have a lot of other ways that I watch whatever I want, including Kodi mentioned in the OP.

I believe your talking about the digital converter box cost about $20 has the mircos that catch the radio waves, maybe I should've said Rabbit Ears dont work anymore 

1 minute ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

I believe your talking about the digital converter box cost about $20 has the mircos that catch the radio waves, maybe I should've said Rabbit Ears dont work anymore 

No, I'm talking about an HD antenna, which I own myself.  You don't need a converter box unless you want to watch SD with rabbit ears.

HD antennas start at about $30 or so depending how far of a range you need.  I watched almost every Falcons game on it the last 2 years in better quality than cable.