Weatherspoon MLB

To answer your question, there is no reason he can't.  In a 1-gap front, especially from the Under, it wouldn't be something that's outside of his skill set.  I think most have written him off as an option because of the injury history; so anything the Falcons get from him would be viewed as icing on the cake.

9 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i wonder will Reed get a look at MLB with Beasley playing some SLB...

Thats why i understand if we are mainly looking for a possible WLB if we let Spoon and Brooks  compete at MLB

Its Nice to see quinn and td have that great connection bringing in new players like Reed for a 5 year contract and still not have a set in place role for him. Reed for defensive tackle would be his best position at this point 

7 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I have no Idea where Reed will play next year

I would use him in different ways .. I thought he was solid when he did some drop backs in zone D .. I would also rush him  a lil inside .   

I feel like he deserve a pass with the injury and surgery last year but I'm interested to see how we use him.    I feel like we have tough guys in reed,upshaw, and Shelby.. So we I like the toughness but I want to see how we use them

I remember seeing a scouting report waaaaay back in the day indicating that he was a good candidate for moving to the middle. I see no reason he can't do it -- he has the size, skill, speed and instincts. 

Let's not forget that he was quite a good backer before the injuries. 

Spoon has always looked more like a MLB to me. If Worrilow is replaced we will likely get less production from the position in terms of tackles. He has not been well loved around here but he has performed well.

Edited by HOYLE
Format wrong.

43 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Its Nice to see quinn and td have that great connection bringing in new players like Reed for a 5 year contract and still not have a set in place role for him. Reed for defensive tackle would be his best position at this point 

If you knew how his contract works it's really only a 2 year deal. We can cut him for cheap after this season. Literally takes a minute to find that out but I guess having all the information wouldn't allow you to hate on TD and Quinn. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

If you knew how his contract works it's really only a 2 year deal. We can cut him for cheap after this season. Literally takes a minute to find that out but I guess having all the information wouldn't allow you to hate on TD and Quinn. 

So thats an excuse and a reason Why reed does not have a set spot on this roster ? Much like how they screwed clayborn last year by forcing him to play defensive tackle 

I think Worrilow is the projected MLB.  If the team was looking to draft another starting MLB, they wouldn't have given Worrilow the 2 million RFA tender.  Reed will play SLB---where he played for the Texans, or he will get a shot at LEO.  Quinn has said that the LEO has to have the strength to work big LTs, AND the quick burst off the line---Reed is not only one of the strongest players on the team but had a 1.54 10 Yd split at the combine---the best 10Yd split for all defensive line men.  Reed (6'3") does lack the length Quinn looks for at the LEO position.  Upshaw could be a DT.  He's already a BIG LB'er, and could easily be a 300+ pounder.