During the press conference: Quinn Said

The O.D.B

Quinn said, when asked about Hybrid players that they really like some of the Safeties that have converted to LBs. I can only think of two with Sua and the Kowaltski (spelling) kid from West VA. Are there any other players in this draft that have made that transition? 

I think this might show who we have interest in for WLB. 

He further mentioned that it's not so much the other way LB converting to S. 

20 minutes ago, atlGM said:

QYea I thought that was the only real slip up they made. I think cravens and cash are the only 2 that fit what he was talking about

Would Cash fit the description? I mean he said S that have moved to LB and not the other way around. 

23 minutes ago, atlGM said:

QYea I thought that was the only real slip up they made. I think cravens and cash are the only 2 that fit what he was talking about

On a side note, are you Apache or was that a typo? Here in AZ on the Apache res they say "Key-yeah" kinda like saying "yeah man", usually when responding to something funny. I've never seen it spelled out so, just curious..

6 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

You Ignorant! (ha) But anyway how so? I'm not very familiar with 46 and it's personnel. 

If I remember correctly the SS comes up in the box to provide help in the run game and act as a pass rusher at times. That way the run was always defended and the QB was under constant pressure because of sending 4 DL 3 LB and the SS at times.

This was before spread offenses made it obsolete. I'm not expert but I remember the SS being a big part like a 4th LB at times.

link

You're completely misquoting Quinn. He said there were a lot of good LB->S converts in this draft, as in, smaller LBs that can convert to safety. He said there weren't so many S->LB converts, as in, bigger safeties (remember Devonte Holloman?) that can convert to LBs.

DIRECT QUOTE:

"We do have that, so there's some people that we move, and say, 'do they have potential to be linebacker or strong safety? Moreso linebacker to strong safety than strong safety to linebacker, we've seen more of those. There's not a handful of oversized safeties at linebacker - there's a couple - there's more safeties, can they also move down"

The way that I take that, don't think about players that have necessarily already made the conversion, but rather, ones that can. Think of LBs that can make the switch to play S, and Ss that can play LB, the latter of which he says there are only a couple of.

That doesn't sound to me like he's referring to already converted players.

I'm liking Jeremy Cash more and more at #81....

Last 3 years: 332 tackles, 38 TFL, 8 sacks, 14 PD, 5 INT, 9 FF, 5 FR

For a SS, he has averaged 111 tackles, 13 TFL, nearly 5 PD, and 3 FF per year....that is insane...and statistical definition of "playmaker"...also 33 tackles in 2015 of 2 yards or less...he is an "in teh box" safety/LB hybrid...plays downhill.

Not to mention, ACC Defensive Player of the Year (not Ramsey, Lawson, Dodd, Rankins), ACC Scholar Athlete of the Year, team captain in 2014 and 2015, and was unanimous 1st team All-American in 2015, second team All-American in 2013 and 2014.