Vic Beasley and Justin Hardy are enjoying their first offseason

birdz4i

By Jeanna Thomas @jeannathomas on Apr 23, 2016, 5:00p

Last year at this time, Beasley and Hardy were in the home stretch of the pre-draft process. This year, they actually get a break.

For players who declare for the NFL draft, their final college season is a whirlwind. Starting with spring practices, it's pretty much nonstop football and training through the season and a bowl game, assuming their team is eligible. As soon as that's done, they hit the ground running for combine and pro day training. Then it's private workouts and meetings with teams and the stress and strain of waiting until draft day.

They don't get a chance to catch their breath after the draft, either. They head to their new city and get started with minicamps and training camp, and then preseason games and the regular season are here before they know it. They'll get a bye week, sure, but that's about the only break their bodies get in that entire interval.

For second-year players Vic Beasley and Justin Hardy, this offseason has been a welcome reprieve.

Beasley played last season with a torn labrum, and this offseason was just what his body needed to get healthy for the coming year.

"It's been great -- a little downtime to be able to recuperate and really set in what I did that first year, so it was a great learning experience for me," Beasley said.

And as far as that shoulder, sounds like it's no longer an issue.

"It feels great," Beasley said.

Having an offseason to recover from the physical grind of playing in the NFL has been a welcome reprieve for Hardy, also.

"It's definitely a good offseason," Hardy said. "Things do take time, to get your body back right. Coming from college sports straight into Combine training, you've got your workouts, things like that, you really don't get time for your body to really get back to where you want it to be, so having the offseason has been really great."

Hardy hasn't exactly been resting on his laurels this offseason. He went down to Miami for Matt Ryan's passing camp, which he said was a great experience.

"It went really good. We got a lot of guys to come out," Hardy said. "Receivers came out, running backs, quarterbacks and the DBs came, so we got some really good work down there."

While the offseason has been nice and has given Hardy and Beasley an opportunity to physically recover, not just from their first season in the NFL, but from all of the training and work that led up to it, they're ready to get back to football.

Hardy said he's looking forward to getting back out on the practice field.

"Just to get back into the routine of things, getting back with my teammates, just to get ready for a good start to this season," Hardy said.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/4/23/11495536/vic-beasley-and-justin-hardy-are-enjoying-their-first-offseason

4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, an interception, 3 passes defended as a rookie with a torn labrum. Can we stop acting like Beasley was a bad pick? I see no reason why he shouldn't get 6-10 sacks this season and that's exactly what Quinn's defense calls for from LEO. 

6 hours ago, AndySG said:

4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, an interception, 3 passes defended as a rookie with a torn labrum. Can we stop acting like Beasley was a bad pick? I see no reason why he shouldn't get 6-10 sacks this season and that's exactly what Quinn's defense calls for from LEO. 

Yeah...he did fine with little help across the front 4....he actually had 3 forced fumbles but the giants recovered the ball for a 1st down....crazy play.

11 hours ago, JamDat21 said:

Rookie year with 4 sacks isn't bad..the great JJ Watt had 5.5 and Beasley was battling a torn labrum all year...hard to do many pass rush moves other than a spin with that!

lol 1 of his so called sacks was a incomplete pass they did not have no time outs left to changeling the play it was a ruled a fumble that was a gift. His strip of cam was luck cam thought his RT had moved him and he just got the end of the ball. Can not play DE to small and they will move him to LB. I case of we take need instead of best player in that draft. 2nd round last year still do not under stand. But bottom line there has not been a DL from Clemson been a all pro in over 25 years and counting. O and never think I hope I am not right we are married to him for now so he-- yes i want him to come around and be a stud. But I see him live in school get beat right out of the game and he will not chase nobody will not tackle cant play the run and LT man handle him.  

Edited by JJC28

3 minutes ago, JJC28 said:

lol 1 of his so called sacks was a incomplete pass they did not have no time outs left to changeling the play it was a ruled a fumble that was a gift. His strip of cam was luck cam thought his RT had moved him and he just got the end of the ball. Can not play DE to small and they will move him to LB. I case of we take need instead of best player in that draft. 2nd round last year still do not under stand. But bottom line there has not been a DL from Clemson been a all pro in over 25 years and counting.    

LB is much better for him. Hes too small to do anything. And hes much better than our current LB. Spoon is always hurt and we let Stupar sneak away to the swamp

30 minutes ago, JJC28 said:

lol 1 of his so called sacks was a incomplete pass they did not have no time outs left to changeling the play it was a ruled a fumble that was a gift. His strip of cam was luck cam thought his RT had moved him and he just got the end of the ball. Can not play DE to small and they will move him to LB. I case of we take need instead of best player in that draft. 2nd round last year still do not under stand. But bottom line there has not been a DL from Clemson been a all pro in over 25 years and counting. O and never think I hope I am not right we are married to him for now so he-- yes i want him to come around and be a stud. But I see him live in school get beat right out of the game and he will not chase nobody will not tackle cant play the run and LT man handle him.  

So his strip sack on Cam was luck?..and his incomplete pass that was called a sack?!..at least he got there to disrupt the qb..for goodness sake, the guy was a rookie and was a good contributor to the team..he will get stronger, learn what works and what doesn't work..he's gotta work out the kinks

56 minutes ago, JJC28 said:

94035a4d90aa15f9856b7de824c5392d_crop_north.jpg

2 hours ago, JJC28 said:

If we eliminated every play that could be put down to "luck" then NFL history would be very different.