Browns and Broncos trying to trade up from 31 and 32. Should the Falcons trade back?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the chart, which more teams use than don't, we'd drop from #17 to #31 in exchange for the #65 and #99. That's 950 points on our side versus 959 points on their side. It's also at least one more starter, and #99 would be right on the border of a player we should expect to start at some point in 2016.

Given our anemic draft situation, that offer is ideal.

Denver would need to offer #63 and #94. They'd be overpaying us by 50 points in that deal, though. They'd have to love one of the QBs to make that offer, although it's obviously (slightly) better than the Cleveland one above.

19 minutes ago, jidady said:

According to the chart, which more teams use than don't, we'd drop from #17 to #31 in exchange for the #65 and #99. That's 950 points on our side versus 959 points on their side. It's also at least one more starter, and #99 would be right on the border of a player we should expect to start at some point in 2016.

Given our anemic draft situation, that offer is ideal.

Denver would need to offer #63 and #94. They'd be overpaying us by 50 points in that deal, though. They'd have to love one of the QBs to make that offer, although it's obviously (slightly) better than the Cleveland one above.

If you trading up, you always overpay,,,But Elway would probably be tough to deal with...Fleece the Browns, everybody has for years.

Edited by citsalp

6 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

Make the trade, then trade back up into the 20's. come out with an extra 3rd.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

I would look to trade back again and pick up a 5th rounder if I could get the Browns 2nd plus their 3rd and 4th, but would try to squeeze it out of the Browns telling I would talk to Denver.

**** yes if the compensation is good! Drop down and grab Cravens, pick up some extra selections and fill some holes. Deep draft for DT's-just need to get a linebacker no later than RD2 because the drop off there is big and that is a big glaring need. Maybe go LB at #50, OG with extra 2nd we should get.

This draft is lean on blue chippers, but heavy on good players. Assuming Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, Lee and Rankins are gone I would look into a trade.

round 2-3 picks match great value w our need postions (lb, og, s, te)

I would do it for cle #32, 65, 77

having picks 32 50 65 77 81 would be nice for building the roster.

32- K Joseph, S - can be our Earl Thomas.

50- Ifedi, G/T - great scheme fit for G, or T if Schreader isnt re-signed. Oher top guard talent will be here too.

65- D. Jones, LB - speed at the LB pos. boom or bust. Perry is another LB option, DT could be in play here as well.

77- N. Vigil, LB, good athlete, fits fast and physical. J. Brown is another LB to consider

81- N Vannett, TE - all around TE, Heath Miller style. If looking for more of an athletic move TE, J. Adams is a consideration.

115- J. Kearse, S, great physical box ss, or olb covert

16 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

This draft is lean on blue chippers, but heavy on good players. Assuming Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, Lee and Rankins are gone I would look into a trade.

round 2-3 picks match great value w our need postions (lb, og, s, te)

I would do it for cle #32, 65, 77

having picks 32 50 65 77 81 would be nice for building the roster.

32- K Joseph, S - can be our Earl Thomas.

50- Ifedi, G/T - great scheme fit for G, or T if Schreader isnt re-signed. Oher top guard talent will be here too.

65- D. Jones, LB - speed at the LB pos. boom or bust. Perry is another LB option, DT could be in play here as well.

77- N. Vigil, LB, good athlete, fits fast and physical. J. Brown is another LB to consider

81- N Vannett, TE - all around TE, Heath Miller style. If looking for more of an athletic move TE, J. Adams is a consideration.

115- J. Kearse, S, great physical box ss, or olb covert

Kearse isn't physical but I like the thoughts on the others. He's an impressive looking guy, but would rather the ball came nowhere near him and somebody else made the tackle. Jogs a lot. 

10 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

I don't know if it is a good move to go from 17 to 32? I could see going from 17 to under 22, getting a second and a fifth but no way with this upcoming schedule you go that far back with an overall depleted roster. 

Unless you're TD, you must think about the future and not just what can happen this year.

13 hours ago, atljbo said:

my problem with trading down is we need a day 1 guy type starter at LB .. I think we stay at 17 and draft Leonard Floyd or Reggie Ragland

We need to draft at least one LB that can upgrade that position.  Judging from our LB play last season, it will not require a first round pick to accomplish that.

Assuming they are going to live with Worrilow in the middle, j can see the trade back. With an extra 2nd and 3rd, we end up with some of Dodd, Craven/jones, fuller, Hunter, Neal, cash, Hargrave, Dahl. A good corner prospect. It would be impressive, really. 

It is a tall task to get three starters with five picks, trading the first or second pick would make it near impossible. The only scenario I see is doing something with a third round pick to get a couple of late round picks or a current nfl player that can start day one.