Chad Reuter nfl.com 7 rd mock

Atlanta Falcons

Round 1 (17): Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
Round 2 (50): Keanu Neal, S, Florida
Round 3 (81): Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State
Round 4 (115): Thomas Duarte, TE, UCLA
Round 7 (238): Darius Latham, DT, Indiana

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655072/article/2016-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

i'm thinking that is the way it goes down per position as well. not a bad mock.

I can live with it. I wouldn't take Dahl that high, but overall not bad. Someone like Nick Vigil or J. Brown at LB may be a better 3rd round pick. Not seeing the value of a round 7 DT either. We have depth, we only need DT if it is a difference maker. A 7th rounder is PS material at best on this roster.

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I heard someone talking big stuff about Latham. That would be a really intriguing option. I think Dahl is a fit too though I wonder if he could be more a 4th round guy? 

I don't like Lee but I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to him. 

I've already come to the conclusion that Lee will be our pick too. 

I like a few of the guys you picked, but I'm so obsessed with pass rush right now that if we pick Lee over Lawson, Floyd, or Ogbah if available, I'd be pissed. I just feel that we have to address the pass rush before anything else. The D went from 32 to 16 last year, why not add a pass rusher across from Beasley (who might be moved to OLB) who could put serious pressure on the Qb?

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I heard someone talking big stuff about Latham. That would be a really intriguing option. I think Dahl is a fit too though I wonder if he could be more a 4th round guy? 

I think we're drafting Lee or...

LEO (Floyd). See what I did there?

Don't worry. I'll see myself out now.

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yep. Third round is high for this guy. He's not exactly a great fit for the ZBS to begin with.

From NFL Draft Profile:

"Weaknesses

Feet are a little bit heavy and he can be a little plodding when asked to block in space. Doesn't possess second level quickness to consistently get to cut­off blocks. Sluggish change of direction may turn his near misses into sacks and tackles for losses against NFL athletes. Arm length is below average so he will need more core strength to drop anchor and take a stand. Uses crab-­hand punch with hands outside the frame allowing forward leaning bull rushers to push the pocket. As game progresses, shows some waist-­bending tendencies..."

16 hours ago, mumblesjr,jr said:

lol.

picky about that 7th rounder? that pick is irrelevant

I don't think ANY pick is irrelevant! This is the future of our team we are talking about here. Players such as Donald Driver, Jay Ratliff and Marques Colston have been drafted in the 7th round. I wouldn't call any of them irrelevant!

Yup, I love it. Duarte is being slept on a lot, fact is though, the guy can stretch the field. Keanu Neal and Darron Lee are day one starters so you have to love that and Tuney would compete for RG with Person and Chester. I would be happy with this draft.