The TD/DQ I see

BCurt57

Watching the press conf it was clear to me that TD and Quinn work just fine together. There are no "tells" of two men with friction. They don't interrupt, have a unified front and seem quietly equal even if they aren't. 

I also was pleased to hear about CB which was weak before we drafted Collins and is just as weak now. I think we get Easley. That might move DT all the way to 3rd round. And I know I'm a broken record but every time I hear Quinn define football speed and 5 yard burst, I'm pretty sure he is talking Ragland.

Yeah dude I agree with a lot of that.
Based on the press conferences alone, there seems to be a sense of unity and clarity between TD and Quinn; it does appear that they work can work together just fine. 

I get the same feel that you do in regards to Quinn's talk and then getting the description of Reggie Ragland. 

Seeing these two clearly on the same page (unless they're hiding it really well) makes me feel better about the team found forward. Obviously there's a chance their "plan" might not work - but at least they have a plan.

Also I'm not sold on Quinn yet just because of last season's disappointment, but one thing is clear - the guy friggen loves football. Nice seeing a coach so excited and jump at the bit to talk about the sport. I can see why players would love to play for the guy.

Edited by FalconTough

I,ll bet anything we  arn't taking Floyd or Lee .

#1 they don't fit and #2 they don't fit the profile of players we've brought in all off-season.

Ragland will solidify the toughness in our front 7. We added power guys like shelby and Upshaw to help keep him clean. All we need now is another guy who ca put his hand in the dirt rushing the passer with out giving ground in the run game(aka jordan jenkins). 

If we add those to guys our front 7 will be set all we need is for Hags to breakout and we'll really be working with something.

1 hour ago, atlGM said:

I,ll bet anything we  arn't taking Floyd or Lee .

#1 they don't fit and #2 they don't fit the profile of players we've brought in all off-season.

Ragland will solidify the toughness in our front 7. We added power guys like shelby and Upshaw to help keep him clean. All we need now is another guy who ca put his hand in the dirt rushing the passer with out giving ground in the run game(aka jordan jenkins). 

If we add those to guys our front 7 will be set all we need is for Hags to breakout and we'll really be working with something.

Do you have an opinion on Yannick Ngakoue, DE/SLB, from Maryland?

You can teach tackling but I don't want us teaching LINEBACKERS tackling. Improving, coaching up-fine. But in the middle? We want guys who instictively want guys hitting the ground really hard. "Cam? Meet Rags. How're your teeth feeling son?!"

Let's find a fast hybrid to rotate at LB on passing downs and at SS in clear running downs. But later. 

3 hours ago, CTann said:

Do you have an opinion on Yannick Ngakoue, DE/SLB, from Maryland?

Nice find . I watched the Ohio state and pen state games  and I think it's a mixed bag .

I like his strength and I think he has sneaky athleticism he just dosent put it all together consistently. 

I do like his motor . 

I think he's a late 3rd to mid 4th round prospect. If he gets the proper coaching he can be solid rotation guy to start out and turn into a legit starter if he continues to develop.

pros

- nfl body

- strong at the point

- high motor

cons

- inconsistent with his hand usage

- plays a bit too high at times

- needs work on his counter move . Stops his feet after first move dosent Work

Edited by atlGM

27 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Nice find . I watched the Ohio state and pen state games  and I think it's a mixed bag .

I like his strength and I think he has sneaky athleticism he just dosent put it all together consistently. 

I do like his motor . 

I think he's a late 3rd to mid 4th round prospect. If he gets the proper coaching he can be solid rotation guy to start out and turn into a legit starter if he continues to develop.

pros

- nfl body

- strong at the point

- high motor

cons

- inconsistent with his hand usage

- plays a bit too high at times

- needs work on his counter move . Stops his feet after first move dosent Work

Yeah I think that if we don't have a SLB (Floyd, Correa, Jordan Jenkins, other) by round 4 and Ngakoue is there when the Falcons then we should take a flier on him.

My take on him is that he does play with a good motor, he plays with good leverage quite frequently and good length (I have no idea what his arm measurement is; basing it off watching him play), he can defend both the run and the pass, and I like his swim move. I did notice that a lot of his sacks are a result of good coverage.

I like this dude as a guy to get good playing time in a rotation, a tertiary pass rusher, play SLB on base downs and DE in nickel and pass downs if needed. I see him as a good fit at playing SLB at the LOS against the run and/or the pass.

3 hours ago, BCurt57 said:

You can teach tackling but I don't want us teaching LINEBACKERS tackling. Improving, coaching up-fine. But in the middle? We want guys who instictively want guys hitting the ground really hard. "Cam? Meet Rags. How're your teeth feeling son?!"

Let's find a fast hybrid to rotate at LB on passing downs and at SS in clear running downs. But later. 

Theoretically, it doesn't matter what type of linebacker we get in the draft we are going to teach him tackling.

Quinn will be rebuilding him in the rugby-style "Hawk Tackle" that Pete Carroll has pioneered. If its Darron Lee, Reggie Ragland, or freaking Myles Jack he is going to tackle differently than he did in college.

On 4/22/2016 at 1:24 PM, SpongeDad said:

I sense a bromance.

Btw, winter has not been kind to Quinn's bald head. It looks like a lightbulb. The Ga. sun should help out giving him a tan this summer during training camp.

Well the scalp tans much less than the rest of skin, at least in my experience, so it might actually make things even worse.

A head coach can only do so much. There's something about TD that rubbed me wrong. But I think he's changing actually. People grow. Quinn loves this game. It's infectious. Guy is a worker. I think he's got TD dialed in. Plus Quinn is a natural leader.

You can tell DQ is smart....but he he isn't as verbal as TD. Not as polished/slick. But man he loves football. It's a pleasure to be a fan seeing this passion.

1 hour ago, BCurt57 said:

A head coach can only do so much. There's something about TD that rubbed me wrong. But I think he's changing actually. People grow. Quinn loves this game. It's infectious. Guy is a worker. I think he's got TD dialed in. Plus Quinn is a natural leader.

You can tell DQ is smart....but he he isn't as verbal as TD. Not as polished/slick. But man he loves football. It's a pleasure to be a fan seeing this passion.

So the millions td gets paid wasnt enough for him to get dialed in? He needed quinn to gain passion to draft good players ?

Money doesn't buy chemistry, cohesion. Ask your wife and co-workers and the people who know you. 

DQ seems humble and he is clearly a civil, good guy. He's influencing TD, I think, in a positive way. They want every guy on the team to feel like they won their place. Great atmosphere.