We need.....

Falcon918

Would you prefer a fast 40 or fast game speed?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Fast???

• Fast 40
    • Fast game speed average 40

We need football players! I see a lot of people get caught up in 40 times and don't examine the player overall. A player may run q slow 40 time at the combine but game tape show quick reaction and decisiveness. 

Quinn keeps saying fast and physical but we assume he means fast 40. Quinn said 5 yard burst is important because of the defense we play. He said 40 is important at some positions but not every position. 

Notice our recent acquisitions, we are building a physical aggressive fast reaction football team. A lot of people say no to Ragland but he is a football player. I am leaving it up to Quinn he has a clear cut plan for what he needs. Listen to pre draft statements for better understanding.

I trust Quinn until he proves otherwise. He knows what he wants.

Edited by Falcon918

17 minutes ago, Falcon918 said:

We need football players! I see a lot of people get caught up in 40 times and don't examine the player overall. A player may run q slow 40 time at the combine but game tape show quick reaction and decisiveness. 

Quinn keeps saying fast and physical but we assume he means fast 40. Quinn said 5 yard burst is important because of the defense we play. He said 40 is important at some positions but not every position. 

Notice our recent acquisitions, we are building a physical aggressive fast reaction football team. A lot of people say no to Ragland but he is a football player. I am leaving it up to Quinn he has a clear cut plan for what he needs. Listen to pre draft statements for better understanding.

I trust Quinn until he proves otherwise. He knows what he wants.

I'm with you brother, gimme Ragland, don't care about a Lb who is able to run down Cam, Jameis and Drew 20 yards down the feild, I want one who'll meet him in the hole and drop him and make him never want to that again.

Both please. Drafting is all about projection. Just because someone looks fast on tape against college players doesn't mean they'll play fast in the Nfl. 

The issue with Ragland isn't his timed speed, it's his lateral agility and change of direction ability. I'll be very surprised if Ragland is the pick next week as he just isn't a fit, but if he is I'll cheer him on all the same. 

13 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Both please. Drafting is all about projection. Just because someone looks fast on tape against college players doesn't mean they'll play fast in the Nfl. 

The issue with Ragland isn't his timed speed, it's his lateral agility and change of direction ability. I'll be very surprised if Ragland is the pick next week as he just isn't a fit, but if he is I'll cheer him on all the same. 

I definitely see your point. But he is a solid instinctive smart football player. Basically he will be where he needs to be. But you have a valid point.

All we need is somebody who has enough dog to catch the guy he's chasing. Jerry Rice has a pedestrian 40 time but he sure as **** outran everybody after he made a catch. If we are talking linebacker, I'm cool with game speed if the play is in front of him. However, if we need coverage, then I don't want 4.7 chasing 4.5 downfield.