Jeff Ulbrich on Myles Jack

It's clear how special of a player he thinks he is. I'm sure Quinn and TD agree. I'm gonna be really sad to see him come off the board before 17.

Unrelated but I really love this coaching staff. The energy the coaches have really means a lot to me as a fan. Listening to the pre draft press conference made me really think about how I want DQ here for the long haul. Every time he speaks about the team I get fired up. Ulbrich and the other coaches are the same way

I still don't think he falls to 17.  I admin I was somewhat surprised to hear the knee was still not 100% at the UCLA pro day.  It is cause for concern, but if it is not going to be a long term problem.  I take him.  If he just needs time, you can give him 3 months, no problem.  

well, the concern is the long term prognosis, not the immediate future. I have read some teams think he wont last to a 2nd contract with his knees. Could be smoke, but definitely needs to be considered. If he somehow falls to 17 you have to take a hard look at why. 17 is too high of a pick for a guy who could have bad medical issues. You all are clamoring for Jack, but then bash TD on the regular for taking jerry and Baker (who were both pretty darn good before injuries set in)

17 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

well, the concern is the long term prognosis, not the immediate future. I have read some teams think he wont last to a 2nd contract with his knees. Could be smoke, but definitely needs to be considered. If he somehow falls to 17 you have to take a hard look at why. 17 is too high of a pick for a guy who could have bad medical issues. You all are clamoring for Jack, but then bash TD on the regular for taking jerry and Baker (who were both pretty darn good before injuries set in)

Reminds me a little of O'Brien Schofield's situation.  He's been battling a "chronic knee issue" since his senior year of college, which has continually hurt his value in both the draft and multiple free agency periods... yet he has played in 82 out of 96 games since he was drafted in 2010, only missing 8 games across 5 years since he fully recovered his rookie season.

I think we would take Jack in a heartbeat at #17 if we knew we'd be getting 85% of the games out of him across the next 6 years.

6 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

Reminds me a little of O'Brien Schofield's situation.  He's been battling a "chronic knee issue" since his senior year of college, which has continually hurt his value in both the draft and multiple free agency periods... yet he has played in 82 out of 96 games since he was drafted in 2010, only missing 8 games across 5 years since he fully recovered his rookie season.

I think we would take Jack in a heartbeat at #17 if we knew we'd be getting 85% of the games out of him across the next 6 years.

Schofield has never been an every down player since coming into the league. Way less snaps on his legs. We'd be drafting Jack to play every down, not heavy rotation and spot duty.

latest report on jack

Ryan O'Halloran said the "consensus" among his colleagues at the Florida Times-Union is that Jacksonville will select UCLA LB Myles Jack with the fifth overall pick.

Jack's Combine medical recheck didn't go as well as hoped, but perhaps the Jags feel he's too good to pass on at No. 5. We've seen Jack go anywhere from fourth to 17th in recent mocks, so taking him fifth overall would obviously be on the optimistic side of things. The Jags must have liked what they saw from Jack during his visit last week.