Falcons next hidden gem currently on roster?

xskyx

We've all seen players who seemed to SUCK or looked mediocre somehow turn up the heat next season and shine. Take our current fullback for example. Everyone was calling for him to be cut before last season. He got Kroy level hate, then turned out a pro bowl season.

Then there was Freeman. NOBODY (maybe Tuggle. Rawr) expected him to blow up like this.. Hence the staff picking Coleman last year. Now he's one of the best RBs in the game.

Who is our next man up to shine?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, stizz said:

Don't get the infatuation with Therezie. Dude dropped an easy pic vs TB in a chance to capture a moment and doesn't have crazy athleticism. 

Allen is our guy.

Allen is our FS, I'm talking about maybe Therezie at SS. We drafted Akeem King to play CB because of his length & athletic traits and Therezie is more athletic than him. Therezie is also bulkier. He's short, but at 5'9 212 he's got the bulk of a 6'1 230 pounder...kinda like how Freeman isn't big, but he's dense, he's thick, he can lay the wood. That's how Therezie's built. He could be our SS of the future. That's my guess if we don't draft a SS at least.

Oh, and writing off a DB because he can't catch is really dumb. Interceptions are definitely nice but it's much more important to prevent the offense from catching the ball than it is to catch it yourself as a defender.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

My hope (and a reasonable one) is that Hardy, Jarrett, and Clayborn step up substantially with experience and/or changed responsibilities.

Would love for Collins to step up, but don't expect it.

if we're just talking about players on the roster who are going to step up in 2016, I'm looking at Hardy, Jarrett and Clayborn, but also Beasley, Collins (both of whom were looking quite good at the end of the 2015 season), Hageman, Mbu, Goodman, Starr, Alford and Allen.

2 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

if we're just talking about players on the roster who are going to step up in 2016, I'm looking at Hardy, Jarrett and Clayborn, but also Beasley, Collins (both of whom were looking quite good at the end of the 2015 season), Hageman, Mbu, Goodman, Starr, Alford and Allen.

Hageman stepping up substantially would be huge.  A penetrating DT is such a premium position.   I don't know what to think about that dude.  I really thought he would step up last year. 

Alford and Allen were already pretty solid last year.  Would love to see them get better, but ok if they're nearly the same.

Goodman and Starr would be huge, because they've given us nothing so far, so it'd be like a brand new draft pick.

18 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

Allen is our FS, I'm talking about maybe Therezie at SS. We drafted Akeem King to play CB because of his length & athletic traits and Therezie is more athletic than him. Therezie is also bulkier. He's short, but at 5'9 212 he's got the bulk of a 6'1 230 pounder...kinda like how Freeman isn't big, but he's dense, he's thick, he can lay the wood. That's how Therezie's built. He could be our SS of the future. That's my guess if we don't draft a SS at least.

Oh, and writing off a DB because he can't catch is really dumb. Interceptions are definitely nice but it's much more important to prevent the offense from catching the ball than it is to catch it yourself as a defender.

Never wrote him off. Said that was a key moment for him to make an impact.