The Champions Documentary

capologist

As all of you probably know, dog rescue is a subject that's near and dear to me.

Tonight I'll get to see a screening of "The Champions".  It's a documentary on the dogs from the Michael Vick debacle.  I'm very much looking forward to it and since most of us are Falcon fans, I thought it might interest some of you.

http://www.championsdocumentary.com/

10 minutes ago, capologist said:

As all of you probably know, dog rescue is a subject that's near and dear to me.

Tonight I'll get to see a screening of "The Champions".  It's a documentary on the dogs from the Michael Vick debacle.  I'm very much looking forward to it and since most of us are Falcon fans, I thought it might interest some of you.

http://www.championsdocumentary.com/

I just don't know if I want to relive that one Cappy.

Yeah I bet it's an intresting watch but I'm conflicted about reliving the whole debacle. That man was one of my heros (I was a preteen during the early Vick years) and it killed me to see what monsterous acts he was capable of. (Also as I got older I realized....well lets just say he didn't get into VT based on his intellect. ) Even if I wasn't a Falcons fan the whole subject is depressing. That said if they made a movie that hopefully means some of those dogs saw a happy ending.

They did 89 and remarkably so.  It's mainly to raise awareness for pit bulls as a breed and that they aren't all terrors that want to kill people.  Peta and other organizations originally wanted to put them all down because they were fighting dogs.  This shows the good that came out of all the bad.

2 minutes ago, capologist said:

They did 89 and remarkably so.  It's mainly to raise awareness for pit bulls as a breed and that they aren't all terrors that want to kill people.  Peta and other organizations originally wanted to put them all down because they were fighting dogs.  This shows the good that came out of all the bad.

What is your opinion of PETA as an organization?