Todd McShay 5.0 (Why are they teasing us like this)

HaRdH3ad

17. Atlanta Falcons

Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA

I'm still trying to get all of the info on Jack's medical reports, but right now, I'm not sure if teams in the top 10 are willing to take the risk on his knee. When healthy, there's no doubting Jack's ability. A true sideline-to-sideline defender, he excels in coverage and would fill a major need for Atlanta.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BankerBird2 said:

I'm thinking he's confusing Myles Jack with Jaylon Smith.

Nope I was watching "Mike & Mike" him and Kiper were on there. He said clear as day he thinks people will be surprised at how teams have so many varying opinions on him.

I think the Falcons MUST "hit" on this pick...the pressure has been placed on TD and Quinn from AB...I think even if Jack is on the board, they take someone else...if there is risk, I think they avoid it...

This is actually "doomsday" scenario for Falcons as Lawson, Ragland, Floyd, and Lee are all off the board...we would be trying to "sell" this pick, but I'm not sure what the haul will be...I think folks expectations need to be marginalized if a trad down happens...I would be fine sliding back 4-6 spots for just a 3rd  rounder...many on here will think thats not enough..

I could see a DEN trade back, but I'm not sure DEN is willing to give up enough to get Lynch or Cook...

Its gonna be interesting...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

The medical re-check thing on Myles Jack's meniscus seems to have some fire mixed in with the smoke.  Jack could be dropping, just a question of how far.

Let's take Jacksonville for example.  Obviously they seemed to be interested in Myles Jack.  They will likely have a choice of two of these three:  Jalen Ramsey, Joe Bosa or Myles Jack.  Would you choose the one with questionable medicals?

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The medical re-check thing on Myles Jack's meniscus seems to have some fire mixed in with the smoke.  Jack could be dropping, just a question of how far.

Let's take Jacksonville for example.  Obviously they seemed to be interested in Myles Jack.  They will likely have a choice of two of these three:  Jalen Ramsey, Joe Bosa or Myles Jack.  Would you choose the one with questionable medicals?

Regardless of if they pass on him, we would never see him fall to 17. Surely Miami, Bears, Saints, or Bucs would pounce on him

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Nope. I would let him fall, bro if this dude falls out of the top 10 we have to go get him. 

9 minutes ago, xskyx said:

Regardless of if they pass on him, we would never see him fall to 17. Surely Miami, Bears, Saints, or Bucs would pounce on him

this is where you are wrong.    If completely healthy, one of those you mention would pick him - but that is the mistake you and others are making.   These GMs live and die with every draft pick - ESPECIALLY - their 1st round picks - if you take a guy in 1st round - he needs to be a guy with a reasonable expectation of health and no obvious afflictions that could lead to further injury.

Jaylon Smith 100% healthy is #1 pick in the draft

Jaylon Smith with serious nerve damage in his foot might not be drafted until Day#3

Myles Jack with a clean medical on the meniscus might go as high as #4 overall in the draft

Myles Jack with a lack of consensus from doctors on meniscus condition and long-term prognosis - could drop to late 1st round

Injuries change the value of a player......now, Jack may end up being perfectly fine and you or I can take that position with our lack of knowledge on the knee - OR - the knee may may have a long-term issue but be fine for 1-5 years - who knows?

the lack of certainty diminishes draft stock on a player - it......just......does....

5 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Nope. I would let him fall, bro if this dude falls out of the top 10 we have to go get him. 

again, you are thinking of this in terms of Myles Jack is completely healthy with no risks - and if that was the case - Jacksonville would be taking him at #5.

You don't trade up for a player with questionable medicals

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

again, you are thinking of this in terms of Myles Jack is completely healthy with no risks - and if that was the case - Jacksonville would be taking him at #5.

You don't trade up for a player with questionable medicals

Ok but if there are varying opinions theirs might be a negative one well as ours might not. seems like you're saying all trams have the exact same reports on these guys when year after year that's clearly not the case. 

Just now, HaRdH3ad said:

Ok but if there are varying opinions theirs might be a negative one well as ours might not. seems like you're saying all trams have the exact same reports on these guys when year after year that's clearly not the case. 

I am not saying anything of the sort.

You are the one going ga-ga - "trade up for him, trade up for him, no matter what trade up for him".

I don't know what the Falcons' medical report is on Myles Jack.  I just know through media reports that several teams have serious concerns about Myles Jack's meniscus.   Not knowing if the Falcons are very concerned, somewhat concerned or not concerned at all - I assume the middle - and if the Falcons are even somewhat concerned - you don't trade-up and chase the player.   If he comes to you, drafting him is still a risk but not as much as when you invest multiple picks.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am not saying anything of the sort.

You are the one going ga-ga - "trade up for him, trade up for him, no matter what trade up for him".

I don't know what the Falcons' medical report is on Myles Jack.  I just know through media reports that several teams have serious concerns about Myles Jack's meniscus.   Not knowing if the Falcons are very concerned, somewhat concerned or not concerned at all - I assume the middle - and if the Falcons are even somewhat concerned - you don't trade-up and chase the player.   If he comes to you, drafting him is still a risk but not as much as when you invest multiple picks.

Yeah I do think we should, IF he falls past the top 10. Imo that would be more valuable than staying at 17 and drafting Lee or Ragland. Unless you think they are in the same hemisphere? I don't personally. Dude has had medical concerns since the combine, hence why he even had re-checks. 

You were for us trading up higher than what I'm talking about for him just last week. At least mine is more reasonable 

4 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Not to 17....8 maybe....dude just isn't falling that far

probably not.....but you don't know that and neither do I.   Usually the real results of this stuff usually leaks out about 24 hours prior to the draft.

The teams all know this stuff right now but the viewing public won't know for awhile.

Totally depends on the severity of the long-term prognosis.

48 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Jacksonville is stacking up a pretty nice roster

6 minutes ago, HaRdH3ad said:

Yeah I do think we should, IF he falls past the top 10. Imo that would be more valuable than staying at 17 and drafting Lee or Ragland. Unless you think they are in the same hemisphere? I don't personally. Dude has had medical concerns since the combine, hence why he even had re-checks. 

You were for us trading up higher than what I'm talking about for him just last week. At least mine is more reasonable 

at least I have the decency to admit I don't know the severity of the injury.   My strong opinions fade to more cautious opinions when I don't know the health of a player.

To get to #11 overall, (using your suggestion), we would have to make up 400pts - that is exactly the value of our 2nd round pick.

So are you telling me you would give up your 2nd round pick to get Myles Jack who could have a lingering issue with a meniscus?   on a team that has tons of holes?   You are giving up two starters for one starter that you hope can get healthy and stay healthy.    That is what you want to do?

let's say Darrian Thompson is a SS we could get in 2nd round.

you would say:

Myles Jack > Darron Lee + Darrian Thompson?

or 

Myles Jack > Reggie Ragland + S'ua Cravens?

or

Myles Jack > Shaq Lawson + Keanu Neal?