What I would do with the 5 picks.

Sobeit

This is what I would really like to see considering the players we have spent time with and who I think we may be targeting in the draft.

1.) Floyd, Leonard OLB 6'6" 244 Georgia

We are lucky he has made it this far and we are lucky to not only get the best pass rusher in the draft and a versatile player that can disrupt. We also get Beasley's main back-up. If Quinn can not figure out how to use these 2 effectively we need a new DC.

usa-today-8868227.0.jpg

2.) Bullard, JonathanDT6'3"285Florida

Bullard is another versatile piece that can play any position on the line including 1 gap in a penetrating attacking front. Not to mention a excellent run defender.

CCX_01012016_1026_MICH_v_UF.jpg

3.) Killebrew, Miles SS 6'2" 217 Southern Utah

Killebrew is a interesting prospect in the he can be a box safety to start but has the ability to be a every down  player.

635783594377822537-CC-FB-SUU-vs-NCU-12.j

3.) Thuney, Joe OG 6'5" 304 N.C. State

Thuney is a excellent scheme fit that has played all Oline positions at NC state. He also pretty much shut Lawson down in their game. He has the tools to be a starter for us and a good one.

joe-thuney-and-duran-christophe-of-the-n

7.) Feeney, Travis OLB 6'4" 230 Washington

Another versatile player that can play box safety and weak side backer. He should be able to make the roster on special teams and run supporting safety. He has loads of athletic ability but needs clear direction and to find his niche.

Feeney-Cal-USATODAY-Sports-850x560.jpg

Week one defensive depth chart would look something like this for the base defense.

DE Floyd, Beasley, Bullard

DT Hageman, Babs, Bullard

NT Jarrett, Bullard, Mbu

DE Shelby, Bullard, Clayborn

SLB Beasley, Floyd, Upshaw

MLB Reed, Worrilow

WLB Spoon, Feeney, Wheeler

CB Trufant, Alford, Collins, King

SS Killebrew, Ishmael, Godfrey

FS Allen, Therezie

Bullard would move up the depth chart at most of those positions as the season went on. He would also be a good option rushing from the NG position in subs. In subs Beasley would man a end position. Eventually Floyd and Beasley would be more interchangeable and Floyd would be able to spot in other LBer positions in subs.

Edited by Sobeit

1 minute ago, AndySG said:

I really don't like Killebrew. He's one of the picks I would be most disappointed with. Like Bullard, though. 

When I look at the safeties we have been interested in I think he is the logical choice. Not really my favorite but I see him being able to develop into the most complete prospect at SS that we have looked at. As far as box safety goes I am still on the Feeney train but I think he will be a darn good WLB as well at some point.

Most don't understand MOST ROOKIES struggle, most have a learning curve. Just about every top prospect goes through a period. Look at what happened to Beasley, and Matthews who was born into the game! Killerbrew is a human fuselage. He brings punch. Is he perfect,  no. But neither is any rookie 

3 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Killebrew is such a bad football player. Just has no idea what he's doing out there. Wouldn't touch him until the 6th at the earliest.

You may be right but the only other safeties I would take in that range would be Thompson and Simmons and I would take Simmons over Thompson.

On 4/21/2016 at 3:33 PM, Kayoh said:

Jayron Kearse?

You think Kearse is worth a 3rd? I like his size and athleticism but he does not seem interested in football. If we landed Feeney I would be fine taking Simmons there he is going to be a decent pro and Feeney could play some in the box SS and WLB.

On 4/21/2016 at 6:14 AM, Old Pappy falcon said:

No T.E.???

If I could land a pick in the 7th I like Jake Mcgee late. He is a good blocker and his release off the line into his route is very good and makes LBers struggle to keep up. Still as it stands we do not have enough picks for every need.

2 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

You think Kearse is worth a 3rd? I like his size and athleticism but he does not seem interested in football. If we landed Feeney I would be fine taking Simmons there he is going to be a decent pro and Feeney could play some in the box SS and WLB.

he's got some coaching up to do as far as angles go, but his instincts are PHENOMENAL and he's more athletic than Chancellor. I like Feeney a lot too, but there's more projecting with Feeney given the roles he's played at Washington while Kearse was a SS at Clemson and he'll be a SS for us.

9 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

he's got some coaching up to do as far as angles go, but his instincts are PHENOMENAL and he's more athletic than Chancellor. I like Feeney a lot too, but there's more projecting with Feeney given the roles he's played at Washington while Kearse was a SS at Clemson and he'll be a SS for us.

I will have to watch him then.... the little I have been was blah and I kind of agreed with all the knocks on him. Feeney I see as a true tweener that can play SS and WLB and I think he could eventually take over and be a very good WLB.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

The more I watch safeties the more I really like Simmons and think he could play some at both safety spots. He may not be a box safety but he is good at coming down and filling. He also has good instincts and better range in single deep coverage than his forty lead me to believe. He may not be a thumper but he is not afraid to tackle and does not miss many.

Kearse would really need some motivation sometimes he just looks he is out walking his dog. He has some tools but man he needs to be inspired to play harder. Maybe actually making some money would do it for him.

Edited by Sobeit

Just now, Sobeit said:

The more I watch safeties the more I really like Simmons and think he could play some at both safety spots. He may not be a box safety but he is good at coming down and filling. He also has good instincts and better range in single deep coverage than his forty lead me to believe.

Kearse would really need some motivation sometimes he just looks he out walking his dog. He has some tools but man he needs to be inspired to play harder. Maybe actually making some money would do it for him.

Honestly I'd LOVE Simmons if he was 20 pounds heavier. I just really worry about him getting trucked by RBs and boxed out by bigger safeties in the NFL. He's so small. 6'2 202 is the size of a CB, not an in the box SS.

Just now, Kayoh said:

Honestly I'd LOVE Simmons if he was 20 pounds heavier. I just really worry about him getting trucked by RBs and boxed out by bigger safeties in the NFL. He's so small. 6'2 202 is the size of a CB, not an in the box SS.

Yeah I do not see him as a in the box safety either I see him best suited as playing zone and maybe lining up on some TEs and some of the bigger WRs in our division. I certainly think there is a spot for him on the roster when I look at the receiving talent we have in this division. Which is also one of the reasons I like Feeney.

Just now, Sobeit said:

Yeah I do not see him as a in the box safety either I see him best suited as playing zone and maybe lining up on some TEs and some of the bigger WRs in our division. I certainly think there is a spot for him on the roster when I look at the receiving talent we have in this division. Which is also one of the reasons I like Feeney.

See but Feeney is 6'4 230, which is absolutely ideal for a SS in our system. Our SS is in the box over 80% of the time...I wish Simmons was bigger so I could be completely in love with him as a prospect, but he isn't, so I'm not. :\

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

See but Feeney is 6'4 230, which is absolutely ideal for a SS in our system. Our SS is in the box over 80% of the time...I wish Simmons was bigger so I could be completely in love with him as a prospect, but he isn't, so I'm not. :\

I have been high on Feeney for a while he is one of my favorite prospects in this draft for us... I like you think he is an ideal scheme fit. Where do you think Therezie will fit in?

Edited by Sobeit