Jaylon Smith might not even get drafted??

Dirtybird3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I can't be the only one watching the sports center special with Mel and Kiper. Both saying it's scary to say but it's possible he doesn't get drafter or have an nfl career??

someone will take a gamble in the 3rd or 4th, too good to pass up if he does pan out. People took gambles on worse injuries on lesser talent in the past. 

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I hope not. This is why I never cared for college football (that and the fact the "champion"was voted on for years but I digress). A pointless bowl game could cost this kid millions. Slave labor

I don't have any problem with college football. It's the 500,000,000 pointless bowl games that annoy me. 

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I don't have any problem with college football. It's the 500,000,000 pointless bowl games that annoy me. 

That boggles my mind. A student can't profit from his name or likeness. But you not only profit but exploit it even more during a bowl game, that lost athletes money at the next level on top of that..

Just now, Dirtybird3 said:

That boggles my mind. A student can't profit from his name or likeness. But you not only profit but exploit it even more during a bowl game, that lost athletes money at the next level on top of that..

That's why they'll have East Little Rock University Vs. South Jacksonville in the "Family Dollar Bowl". Because the NCAA will squeeze a dollar out of any bowl game if possible.

16 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I hear your frustration but if this kid is as smart as I think he is, he should have had a $1-5mm policy on his football career.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I hear your frustration but if this kid is as smart as I think he is, he should have had a $1-5mm policy on his football career.

Jaylon had a $5 million insurance policy. If not drafted by I think the 4th round, it pays out completely...

Jaylon would be our best 4th round pick in the last 10 years!!!

44 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Jaylon had a $5 million insurance policy. If not drafted by I think the 4th round, it pays out completely...

Jaylon would be our best 4th round pick in the last 10 years!!!

Devon Freeman is a probowler.

Jaylon may never play.

I'd be O.K. with Jaylon Smith in the 7th, IF, he falls that far.  My gut tells me the reward, outweighs the risk!  I mean, these guys are young, finely tuned athletes, and can heal a lot faster than me & you. 
But the injury could possibly scare TD off, since he has to "hit" on so many picks this year to keep his job --- 

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

someone will take a gamble in the 3rd or 4th, too good to pass up if he does pan out. People took gambles on worse injuries on lesser talent in the past. 

Exactly. Willis McGahey had a horrific knee injury when he was in college, and he still got drafted, and paid off big time for the Bills who would draft him the end of the first round. The Rams took chance on Gurley in the first. These 2 running backs have a different injury then Smith, but if they can go 1st round, then Smith could easily go anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

18 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Big risk, bigger reward!!!!

Devonta was a backup to start the year and will continue to split carries withe Teco...

i know Devonta is a great pick...if healthy, Jaylon is light years better..

doesnt matter, TD would never do it

If healthy then Jaylon isn't a 4th rounder...