What would you do?

10 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Its been hashed and rehashed....there is no consensus around here....whoever it is will probably be a starter and an upgrade....the question remains, how will he impact the defense.

But, like Quinn says...."Its all about finding out what unique things a guy has, and feature him in that way"

Quotes like this drive me crazy because theyre not true. DQ and Shanahan preach highlighting players strengths, but all they do is try and have players fit into their system.

Clayborn was a DT, Alford isnt a slot CB, Person isnt a center, and we certainly did put Roddy in a position to do what he does best.

This team has a offensive and defensive scheme, and players have to adjust to that. Our schemes arent tailored to our personel.

Its a lie we were sold when DQ and Shanahan interviewing, its a lie they still try and sell.

1 hour ago, KCartledge85 said:

Quotes like this drive me crazy because theyre not true. DQ and Shanahan preach highlighting players strengths, but all they do is try and have players fit into their system.

Clayborn was a DT, Alford isnt a slot CB, Person isnt a center, and we certainly did put Roddy in a position to do what he does best.

This team has a offensive and defensive scheme, and players have to adjust to that. Our schemes arent tailored to our personel.

Its a lie we were sold when DQ and Shanahan interviewing, its a lie they still try and sell.

He tried to feature the guys in what he thought was a way that things would work  for the team. Did it work? Not very well on several frontd, but this was his first year with this group of guys....the talent is average at best and he was trying to squeeze what he could out of them......to the tune of a defense in the top half of the league for the first time in quite a while.....its working but its a work in progress...not a scientific formula

35 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'd trade down and take Ogbah and get that extra pick... Ahh... Oh wait ! that's what I did in my only Mock draft...  Would you rather have Lawson , or Ogbah and Cravins.. That's what could happen if we trade down,, I'm a huge Ogbah fan anyway.

I suggest trading down wasnt an option.

Cant trade down if you dont have a willing partner.

3 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

Say #17 rolls around, the phone isnt ringing for any type of trade down, and Lee, Floyd, Ragland, Lawson and Rankin are all off the board?

Bit of a nightmare scenario to me, but it is possible...

theres 0.00001% chance all those 5 guys won't be there at 17, ****, theres maybe a 25% chance all 5 WILL be there.

In no specific order:

-Josh Doctson or Laquon Treadwell. Both of these guys will be pretty good NFL players.
-Andrew Billings. Young strong ox who will for sure bolster the run defense.
-Emmanuel Ogbah. Yeah there's motor issues/laziness but I think this dude is being overlooked.
-Kevin Dodd. Dude shows some explosiveness and quickness.
-Kamalei Correa. This dude has really grown on me lately. Nice blend of power and speed. Nice athleticism.
-Jack Conklin. Solid player but also a very smart player. Would really bolster the OL. 

4 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

Lol... So who you taking at 17 with those guys gone? You reaching for your boy Ogbah?

At first I didn't even like the thought of Lee, Now I actually think he's be my #1 pick, then Loyd, and 3rd would be Lawson.  I was a Lawson only for a long time,, The good thing about Lawson is I think he may be the safest pick.. Kind like a for sure plug and play for a long time... I haven't studied Ragland hardly at all,, But I'd say he would also be a very safe pick. I plan on watching some of his tape in the next day or two.  

15 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

One of:

Doctson
Cravens
Joseph
Billings
Butler
Dodd

I think. 

Only worked out one of those...theProf thread is a great one showing interest in players over the last 4 years...we are yet to draft a player in the first 3 rounds that we didnt workout pre draft...

Cravens is not an NFL caliber athlete...he will struggle...