Panthers rescind Josh Norman's Franchise Tag

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Oh4Real?! said:

Anything that hurts the Panthers defense is good for me.

Bad part is... He'd be a perfect fit for Buccaneers if they still run that Cover 2 scheme. 

Mike Smith is there. Of course they run a Cover 2. Of course now they do it with only 3 defensive linemen. 

How much do you think he's wants. He's 28 years old and looking for the payday. He's a great zone corner for a team that can rush the passer. He's not a great island guy that can keep recovering out there while the d line takes its time getting to the qb. So from that standpoint I think Trufant is a better corner.

2 minutes ago, natod12 said:

yea i wonder if he is in legal trouble or something, so weird they could have franchised him easy

I think the franchise tag was only about 13m but he wasn't going to be at any pre season activities.  GM pretty much said they couldn't afford a long term deal or didn't want to. 

1 minute ago, homerscornbread said:

How much do you think he's wants. He's 28 years old and looking for the payday. He's a great zone corner for a team that can rush the passer. He's not a great island guy that can keep recovering out there while the d line takes its time getting to the qb. So from that standpoint I think Trufant is a better corner.

He want to be the highest paid corner n the NFL.

Just now, natod12 said:

yea i wonder if he is in legal trouble or something, so weird they could have franchised him easy

Seems like Franchising him wasn't going to lead to a long term contract next year per comments... Look like he was wanting to a payday which wasn't anywhere near what they want to pay so later and use the money for something else