Beasley officially listed as OLB

So....if Falcons are officially listing Beasley as OLB  ( and I would assume weakside) does that change your opinion on who they should draft in 1st round. 

Do you want another OLB like Floyd or Lee to play on the other side?

Or do you definitely now want a true DE?

I assume your starting DE'S today would be Clayborn and Shelby with mix of Hageman, Babs, and Jarrett inside.

Like others have said hes always been listed as an OLB. Quinn is on record saying he will play OLB and LEO. You cant always always pigeon hole players in one particular position when in fact players play different positions depending on the sub package.

Edited by FentayeJones

1 minute ago, YoungHeezy said:

He'll still most likely end up with the most pass rushing attempts on the roster, which is why we took him at 8.

its all about value but its water under the bridge now

Edited by atlGM

41 minutes ago, krammmit said:

Finneran retweeted some dude saying Vic can't play the run as a DE so he is now only a 3rd down rusher and that Upshaw was brought in to replace Vic on 1st and 2nd down. 

Hopefully someone else can post this l. At work and can't get it.

Oh so that's why they said he would be playing Leo. On 1st and second...boy we are going to be stopping the run. I can't wait!!! I was wondering why Quinn would say he was playing Leo. That makes sense. That already gives us one 4.4 running LB. I'm excited now 

10 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Pretty sure OLB was on the card we turned in to draft him. Leo has always been listed as OLB on the depth chart.

why do you think he wears 44 which isn't legal for a listed defensive lineman?

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Justin Houston. All OLBs 

/thread

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Pretty sure OLB was on the card we turned in to draft him. Leo has always been listed as OLB on the depth card. 

/thread

image.jpeg

The problem is when you have such specific personnel for stopping the run vs the pass team eventually start running on you out of a passing look.

Since so few teams use fullbacks anymore the main difference between a run set and passing set might be a TE if that.

So even if Beasley is an OLB he's probably going to be lining up as an end for most of the snaps.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The problem is when you have such specific personnel for stopping the run vs the pass team eventually start running on you out of a passing look.

Since so few teams use fullbacks anymore the main difference between a run set and passing set might be a TE if that.

So even if Beasley is an OLB he's probably going to be lining up as an end for most of the snaps.

He's probably going to do just what he did last year with a little bit of what Schofield did at OLB

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Pretty sure OLB was on the card we turned in to draft him. Leo has always been listed as OLB on the depth card. 

/thread

image.jpeg

You mean, like Khalil Mack.......who wears 52.........was drafted as a OLB, but now plays DE?

I get what he was drafted as......but Beasley started at DE most of the time last year.

Edited by Big Reg Da Commish

What Im saying is, it appears as if this year, Beasley (while drafted as OLB but basically started as a DE) will actually be playing OLB this year.   That doesn't mean he won't have his hand in the dirt on pass rushing downs, but it does mean on 1st and 2nd downs, there will probably be 2 "real" DE's on the field with Beasley.

So......if he is officially a starter at OLB, does that change what you think we need to draft in the 1st round?

Edited by Big Reg Da Commish

Moving Beasley to WLB is a smart idea. He would have more sacks rushing the QB on obvious passing downs. If the draft fell like I want it (Lawson 1, Cravens 2, Nassib 3, Jenkins 4), our front 7 would look like this...

Lawson - Shelby - Hageman - Nassib

Cravens- J. Jenkins- Beasley 

Rotational guys like Spoon, Reed, Warr, are great for this setup.