My 3 round mock

I thought I would give this mock thing a try.  I'm only doing 3 rounds because I havent really paid attention to players that havent been projected beyond 3 rounds...First time ever doing a mock so please be gentle...lol

Round 1.. Trade.. Atlanta trades 17 to Minnesota for their 23, their 3rd (86) and their 5th (160)

With the 23rd pick Atlanta selects Robert Nkemdiched DT... I know this wont be popular along the board, but after reading about this kid, I really think he's a good kid, just made a bad choice in college ( havent we all).  If Quinn is going to be the leader of our team and have the respect of the players, then he should be able to keep him on the straight and narrow.  On the football side, he will provide the push up the middle along side AC and VB that we've been missing.  Though it could spell the end to Babs

Round 2 
Atlanta selects TE Hunter Henry.  I dont really want to take a TE here, but he probably starts sooner rather than later, and with Blank's demands, I see TD and Quinn taking the safe route

round 3.   Atlanta selects Deion James LB.... I think Atlanta Likes him and he falls to ATL and they pick him

round 3 (from Minn)  Atlanta selects Carl Nassib DE.. I wanted to take Jeremy Cash SS here, but with Nassib still on the board, he has the range and lengh that Quinn likes and I just don't think Quinn passes on him.

Thats it.. Curious to see thoughts

2 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

With this we still go into the season with the same issues before the draft....ss and mlb. Not to mention wlb and guard

I agree somewhat, But beyond Ragland, who is another MLB in the draft you would want?  I really dont see Ragland being their when we pick.  Also Remember we still have picks 4 5 and 7. 

21 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I agree somewhat, But beyond Ragland, who is another MLB in the draft you would want?  I really dont see Ragland being their when we pick.  Also Remember we still have picks 4 5 and 7. 

A starting MLB may be hard to find in this draft but I think 2 of our top picks will almost certainly be SS and Guard. We have just shown too much interest and have holes at those positions. I'm not going to knock you on the lack of a MLB because I'm not a Ragland fan and past him I don't know if there are any quality starting MLBers. Blank has said he wants 3 starters from this draft, that means we are probably looking at WLB, SS, and OG in the first three rounds in some order.

8 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

A starting MLB may be hard to find in this draft but I think 2 of our top picks will almost certainly be SS and Guard. We have just shown too much interest and have holes at those positions. I'm not going to knock you on the lack of a MLB because I'm not a Ragland fan and past him I don't know if there are any quality starting MLBers. Blank has said he wants 3 starters from this draft, that means we are probably looking at WLB, SS, and OG in the first three rounds in some order.

Nick Vigil could be a sleeper

I like it a lot actually. Very risky with Nkimdechi but if he fulfills his potential he may be the best player in the draft. I think we immediately improve all aspects of our defensive front with Nkimdechi and Nassib, especially our pass rush. Dion 'James', to me, isn't much different than Darron Lee in terms of what he brings to the table, so I'm good there. And I'm a big Hunter Henry fan and think he'll be a quality starter for us for nearly a decade so that's a win. Of course if Nkimdechi flakes out and opens up a panther zoo with his signing bonus then this is a terrible draft and TD gets fired. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nkemdiche is such and enigma to me a rocks or diamonds pick.I feel if we took him we'd be kicking rocks lol.His talent level is right there with any player in the draft but the top 2' argh I just don't know if I could with this guy. 

People are under rating the guy.  He's constantly disrupting plays. Already a plus run defender and is able to over power any guard 1 on 1 with Freakish power that will translate to the NFL. His bull rush alone is a move he can consistently win with and not to mention is insane first step for a guy his size. 

However he needs to improve on his awareness and add some moves to his pass rushing arsenal. People always bring up character concerns but other than that one incident he's been clean. He's just a different guy that people seem to be hating on.

At 17 he provides a good floor with insane upside. Literally has best DT in the leauge upside. Even if he doesn't develop at all you get a guy who's a plus run defender that can consistently disrupt the passing game with his quick first step and overwhelming power. Whoever ends up taking him is getting a steal.

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

People are under rating the guy.  He's constantly disrupting plays. Already a plus run defender and is able to over power any guard 1 on 1 with Freakish power that will translate to the NFL. His bull rush alone is a move he can consistently win with and not to mention is insane first step for a guy his size. 

However he needs to improve on his awareness and add some moves to his pass rushing arsenal. People always bring up character concerns but other than that one incident he's been clean. He's just a different guy that people seem to be hating on.

At 17 he provides a good floor with insane upside. Literally has best DT in the leauge upside. Even if he doesn't develop at all you get a guy who's a plus run defender that can consistently disrupt the passing game with his quick first step and overwhelming power. Whoever ends up taking him is getting a steal.

Preach, I'm salivating at the thought of Dan Quinn working with this dude. I could only imagine

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Nah man the of field stuff there's more to that.From what I've seen his older brother seems like an anchor round his neck and he's easily led.

On the field the fact that his performance has inconsistency is also a reason to doubt picking him at 17.

We all know what he can do there's know denying that but there are still a few question marks to be answered before pulling the trigger on this guy.