Andrew Billings

Izo#2883

5 minutes ago, Flare said:

I would like for us to draft him and use him as a 4-3 DT instead of a NT. Giving him a possible 1vs1 matchup against a center or guard will almost certainly collapse the pocket.

Would you take him in the 3rd?

He'll yeah I'd take him in the 3rd! Mainly because he's almost guaranteed to be gone by the time our 2nd round pick is due to come up.

2 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

He'll yeah I'd take him in the 3rd! Mainly because he's almost guaranteed to be gone by the time our 2nd round pick is due to come up.

He is listed by many sites as the 4th or 5th best dt. You really Think there will be a run on dt's?

Billings will go by 50....meaning if he is there at 50, we really need a better NT in this scheme and we will grab him.

Him being ranked the 4-5th best DT doesn't mean in any way he goes to round 3. Look at history. I would guess most years the 5th DT is gone by late 1st, early 2nd.

15 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Huh? Rankings is suppose to go in the top 15, while Billings is suppose to go in the 2nd due to being given a w down player.

Projections for these two players have been all over the place, based on tape Rankins was projected to be middle of the second round, but with a strong combine Rankins stock has risen but I don't think it has risen to top 15 pick. Billings was the opposite, Billings was ranked as a top 20 DT, and was expected to blow up the combine but after a solid showing, scouts cooled off on him. I still think he's a 1st round talent. Rankins 6 sacks last year while Billings had 5.5 sacks. I'd be happy with either. 

Rankins can still easily move up quite a bit. Aaron Donald was lucky to be a second round projection before his postseason/pre draft activites began.

I am with you though, either would be fine with me. I really like Rankins, but Billings at 50 would be better value than Rankins at 17, though I think Rankins will easily be the better of the 2 as far as disrupting the passer.

2 hours ago, The Rock said:

Projections for these two players have been all over the place, based on tape Rankins was projected to be middle of the second round, but with a strong combine Rankins stock has risen but I don't think it has risen to top 15 pick. Billings was the opposite, Billings was ranked as a top 20 DT, and was expected to blow up the combine but after a solid showing, scouts cooled off on him. I still think he's a 1st round talent. Rankins 6 sacks last year while Billings had 5.5 sacks. I'd be happy with either. 

You see the guy G-Dawg was quoting out of that book he bought? It was good on Billings. Who knows though.